It is Corner Bookmark Design time again. We have a new addition to our lovely Fall Corner Bookmark ideas, with these darling little Kawaii Mushrooms. They were so cute and fun to make.. that I got rather carried away.. and already made FIVE Mushroom Corner Bookmarks. So fun! Make them any colour you wish (I chose orange and red, but now want to make a whole set of rainbow mushroom bookmarks! Teehee). So cute.
Cute Paper Mushroom Bookmark
I think these little mushrooms go REALLY well with our Hedgehog Corner Bookmarks from last year. Do pop over and take a look at those too!
Bookmarks always make a perfect gift for book lovers during the holiday season.. so we have lots of wonderful designs for you! I think Mushrooms are a lovely theme for Autumn and Christmas!
Mushroom Corner Bookmark – MATERIALS NEEDED
- White paper – I actually used left over scrap paper from another project – but approximately 12 x 12cm is a nice size for a mushrooom bookmark – totally your call though
- Pens for decorating*
* instead of pens, you can also cut out red and white paper to decorate – I think that would look marvellous too! I just decided it would be nice to do a set of “pens only” bookmarks (and no glue needed!!)
How to make a Mushroom Corner Bookmark Design
These little mushrooms, really are super duper easy to make! As always, I share with you our video for how to make a mushroom corner bookmark, BUT, I have also linked some written instructiosn below! Which are based on you seeing this Origami Corner Bookmark Step By Step instructions post first!
You can find a slightly longer form Mushroom Bookmark video on my YouTube channel (perfect for viewing in the classroom) or watch this special on here:
Mushroom Bookmark Idea – step by step instructions
As mentioned you will need to follow the photo instructions on this Origami Bookmark post first! (Shared again here of course!).
How to make a Corner Bookmark Corner – Basic Shape
Begin by making a classic Origami Bookmark with a white piece of paper. We like using paper roughly 15 x 15cm in size.. but any size will do.
First you will need to make a square out of your paper. Corner bookmarks need squares of paper, but here we show you how to create that perfect square!!
- Take your A5 sheet of paper and fold over one corner to create a triangle.
- Cut off the excess and rotate your triangle so the long edge is at the bottom and the right angle faces up. Make sure the top of the triangle is looking up and you have the long edge running perpendicular.
- Fold the lower right corner up to meet the top right angled corner.
- Repeat for the left side.
- Fold these two back open.
- Flip down ONE of the top sheets and crease.
- Now fold the flaps you created back up and tuck INTO your bookmark.
Then all you need to do is decorate and make a mushroom
- Once your basic origami bookmark corner is completed, it is time to shape it into a mushroom.
- Draw a stem on the bottom half the bookmark and cut out
- Shape the “top” of your mushroom.
- Use pens to colour and decorate your paper muchroom DIY!
Your cute paper Mushroom Bookmark is finished!
More Corner Bookmarks
Don’t forget to check out the remaining Fall Corner Bookmarks:
As well as our ever growing number of Corner Bookmark DIYs here
More Autumn Crafts for Kids here: