More wonderful Preschool Crafts for you today! As we enjoyed our Fairy Tale Crafts video so much, we thought we would get together and do a Nursery Rhyme Crafts and Activities video too! By nursery rhymes, I mean poems and songs – basically any poems or songs that make your childhood special. The children had a great time exploring Nursery Rhymes through crafts and are always asking me now whether we could make something to go with “Jack and Jill” or with 5 Monkeys on a Bed… I can see this Nursery Rhyme theme continuing for some time!
This week, I have a DIFFERENT set of crafts joining us with their nursery rhymes, they are all fabulous and it is great to have these wonderful guests.
First shared in March 2014 and updated and republished for your convenience!
So. Nursery Rhymes Video:
Nursery Rhymes Crafts and Activities Links:
Red Ted Art
1) Humpty Dumpty – Humpty Dumpty Easter Eggs (37 sec)
2) 5 Little Ducks Went Swimming One Day – Stone Ducks (1min 20)
3) Incy Wincer Spider – Incy Wincy Paper Craft for Nursery Children (1min 55)
UPATE: check out this seriously cute 3D Paper Spider too! Perfect as an Incy Wincy Spider Craft as well.
4) The Owl and The Pussycat – Upcycled Glove Toys (simple sewing project) (2min 45sec)
5) 3 Blind Mice/ Hickory Dickory Dock – Walnut Mice (3min 35sec)
6) Additional: Sing a Rainbow Cookies – Rainbow cookies (not on video)
Rainy Day Mum
7) 5 Little Speckled Forgs – Egg Carton Frogs and Kitchen Towel Roll Log (4min)
8) The Wheels on The Bus – simple, but delicious pastries for preschoolers (4min 35sec)
My Little 3 and Me
9) Incy Wincy Spider – Loo Roll Craft & Spout (5min)
10) Incy Wincy Spider – Climbing Paper Plate Spider (5min 30 – watch the video, seriously cute!)
11) Mary mary, quite contrary – Growing Flower Pots (6min 45sec)
12) 5 Little Speckled Frogs – Cootie Catcher Frog Puppets + Magnet Game (watch the video 8min)
13) 5 Current Buns – Recycled Tights Craft (9min)
14) Additional: Sing a Rainbow – Rainbow Sensory Play Bottles
Me and My Shadow
15) 3 Blind Mice or Hickory Dickory Dock – felt Mice (beginners sewing project) (9min 50sec)
16) In and Out the Dusty Bluebells – Bluebell Shakers made whilst out in the woods (10min 20sec)
Here Come the Girls
17) Humpty Dumpty – Egg Shell Collage (11min 20sec)
All wonderful crafts.. and here are some…
More Nursery Rhyme Activities from around the web:
18) Have a nursery rhyme party – here is a great set of ideas from Twinkle Twinkle to Wheels on the Bus to Little Miss Muffet.
19) 5 Speckled Frogs – Small World Play
20) More Itsy Bitsy Spider activities!
21) Crayon resist Twinkle Twinkle Little Star Art
22) Mary Had a Little Lamb or Baa Baa Black Sheep – Yarn Wrap Sheep
23) Itsy Bitsy Spider Finger Puppet
26) An active Jack Be Nimble Craft!
30) Hey Diddle Diddle – Simple Paper Plate & Spoon Craft
40) And a final one (from etsy… but you can work out how to make it?)
And that brings me to the end of this Nursery Rhyme Crafts Round up!!
I do hope you have found some inspiration!
What nursery rhymes and crafts have I missed out? Please do leave a comment, so I can see if I can find something going forward!
We also have a great set of Fairy Tale Crafts here: