We love all things Paper Crafting! I hope you like today’s easy to make Paper Teacup Printable! Perfect for Tea Parties or Alice in Wonderland themed celebrations.
So… we have just had a WONDERFUL few days behind us – we had a very special Family Wedding – an Alice in Wonderland Wedding!!! Though I can’t share pictures of the gorgeous bride and groom, I can share with you some of the fun little Alice in Wonderland crafts and decorations from the day. It was wonderfully magical and very fun for all involved. Today, I would like to share these little paper teacups. I thought they were simply adorable and popped the paper teacup photo on instagram and facebook… and had a number of “pattern please” requests. I asked the wonderful Wedding Planner (do check out her site and blog!) and she was fine with me taking one of the cups apart and recreating the pattern for you! I have to confess to having slightly simplified the teacup printable for you – making it easier and quicker to cut out, but you can easily add the dreamy little flower pattern back again. The great thing about these teacups, is that you can either create them plain, from pretty light cardstock or decorate them to your hearts content. I can see many a drawing and creating session coming on in our house. Though polka dot stickers to decorate these paper teacups were hugely popular too.
Don’t forget we have a whole page dedicated to highlighting ALL our FREE PRINTABLES and more.. do hop over and take a look and take advantage of this great resource.
This post was first shared in May 2014 and has been updated for your convenience
I have shared a simple printable and super quick Teacup How To!
Paper Teacup Materials:
- Light card stock in desired colours
- PVA glue or hotglue gun
- Decorative stickers or pens (optional)
- Teacup Printable
**PLEASE NOTE: download your free template here: Your Free Template **
Make sure your printer “takes” light cardstock for printing on. Alternative cut a template from paper and use it as a stencil.
Now also available as Mother’s Day Printables:
Choose from 3 differnt patterns already “coloured in” or for you to colour yourself. So pretty!
Paper Teacup How To:
1) Print your teacup pattern out.
2) Cut your pieces. For the saucer – you will need to make an incision and cut out the centre circle too. I have made the saucer a plain circle. The paper teacups from the wedding, had a pretty flowery edge pattern. You can simply cut into the exciting pattern if you want this effect. But we warned! It takes aaaaages to cut!!!
3) For the base of your teacup (the smaller circle), cut slits from the outside all the way to the very light colour circle. This will help keep the saucer’s shape.
4) A hotglue gun is IDEAL for the assembly of this craft. If you do not have one, I suggest good PVA glue. I would start with sticking the cup together and holding it in place with some clothes pegs.
5) Whilst the teacup itself is drying, assemble the two saucer pieces.
6) Once all is dry glue the cup to the saucer and and add the handle. As mentioned with a hotglue gun you can do all these steps in one quick go. If using PVA, it is advisable to let things dry between steps.
7) Decorate and play!!!
Paper Teacup Party Games:
The kids and I came up with some simple and fun tea party games!
1) Start off with a tea cup treasure hunt.. hide them all over the garden or house and get the kids to find them all.
2) Then, instead of the egg and spoon race, have a stacked teacup race (this will not work in windy weather!!!)
3) Have a “stack the teacup” competition – how many teacups can you stack before they tumble?
4) Of course… have a pretend tea party itself!
What Paper Teacup party cames can you come up with???
Later Pip Squeak had fun stacking the cups in lots of different ways – an opportunity to sneak in a little maths play too!!
They would also be great for some colour sorting games – have you got multi colour pom poms or plastic chips? Use those to sort away!
Don’t forget to browse the rest of our FREE PRINTABLES!