Working with young kids? Want to make something special for Mother’s Day with Preschoolers? We have shared our Top Mother’s Day Crafts for Kids before, but felt like you still needed a resource page JUST for Preschooler Crafts. As Mothering Sunday approaches, let’s get ready to wish Mum a Happy Mother’s Day with these cute preschool and toddler activities!
With a little guidance and clever ideas, Preschoolers produce the most wonderful creative projects. Perfect for Mothering Sunday, Mom’s Birthday or Grandma Day! Older kids can of course join in and make these crafts too!
Here are our favourite makes to date.
When is Mothering Sunday/ Mother’s Day?
It all depends on where you live. In the UK, it is closely tied to Easter and is always “half way through lent, or the third Sunday of Lent. So this year Mother’s Day is on the 27th March 2022.
Most of the rest of the world celebrates Mother’s Day on the second Sunday in May. So this year, it is on the 8th May 2022.
(Oddly we all celebrate Father’s Day on the 3rd Sunday in June.. apart from Australia, which celebrates in September!).
Mothering Sunday Crafts for Preschoolers
I have tried to sort these into sections for you for easy browsing! Of course many of the ideas here would also make great Christmas gifts for mom or Birthday ideas!
Mother’s Day Crafts and DIY Gifts
We first focus on the mother’s day activities for preschoolers that we have made here on Red Ted Art before. Homemade gifts are a lovely way to show your appreciation to mom. Though most will be happy with some alone time and relaxation time.. as keepsake gift is always lovely too!
Below we have more great and easy DIY Mother’s Day Gifts and ideas from fellow bloggers! There is nothing more especial than a homemade Mother’s Day Card or Craft!! Enjoy.
- Learn how to make these easy Salt Dough Beads with preschoolers and make a gorgeous Mother’s Day Necklace
- Saltdough Heart Footprints
- Yarn Wrapped Heart Bookmarks – aren’t these simply darling?
- Heart Fridget Magnets
- Kids’ drawing heart canvas
- Easy Yarn Wrapped Hearts ornaments
- Finger Print Hearts
- Thumbody loves you hearts
- Heart Footprints
- Blowing Kisses Hand card
- Water colour Art Heart Cards
Mother’s Day Flowers for Preschoolers to make
We have made so many lovely Flower Crafts for Kids over the years. Here is a favourite selection that would be particularly suitable for Mother’s Day made by toddlers through to preschoolers!
- Easy Paper Tulip for Mum – you can start kids surpisingly young on origami.. go on, be brave, have a go and reap all the educational benefits of origami!
- Egg Carton Flowers – these are always a winner.. whether for Valentine’s Day, a birthday or Mother’s Day.
- Simple polymer clay flower cards – a simple circle based technique the kids will love.
- Paper Heart Flowers – such a cute way to put together some rainbow flower cards.
- Kids’ Art Paper Flower Bouquet – love turning kids’ art into new crafts!
- Tissue Paper Flower Bouquet – love the combination of tissue paper and buttons. Great for fine motor skilsl.
- Great Paper Plate Flowers for Mother’s Day- these are just to fun!
- Arty and easy Newspaper Flowers – another great craft for Mother’s Day!
These crafts are suitable for for kindergarten, toddlers and preschoolers!
Toddler Crafts for Mom from Blogs We Love
The first set in this list are wonderful cards for MOM that young kids can make. With some cute preschooler gifts towards the bottom.
- A Little Pinch of Perfect has my favourite hand and footprint combination – handprint flowers in a footprint vase. How cute!
- Tots Schooling makes us fall in love with Tissue Paper Flower Art all over again.
- Messy Little Monster delights us with Photo Daffodil Cards!! Who doesn’t love a preschooler photo on a Mother’s Day Card!?
- In lieu of Preschool shares some super simple but lovely Thumbprint Flower Bouquets.
- I also adore this handprint flower bouquet – the little hearts at the centre are just adorable. Find out more from the Mother’s Day Teaparty at Kinder Craze!
Now time for some adorable Mother’s Day Gifts for preschoolers to make!
- We always love a Mother’s Day Apron – such as this handprint design by Easy Preschool Crafts.
- Cutest Handshaped Dish from Mama Papa Bubba!
- Or how about this Grandma/ Mother’s Day Handprint Heart by Crafty Morning?
- Have some fun with “drip painting” flower pots. A really fun process and a great way to give flowers to Mom! Find out more on KCEdventures.
- These DIY Keychain Shrinky Dinks don’t get any cuter! Find out more on Grey House Harbor.
- Finally, a clever Picture Frame Vase by I Heart Arts n Crafts.
Find our EXTENSIVE Collection of our Top Mother’s Day Crafts here: