Disclaimer: This printable is brought to you in collaboration with Learning Resources
We are getting closer to Christmas again and we have another fabulous and free Christmas Printable for you to get you in the Christmas spirit! This printable is brought to you in collaboration with Learning Resources, a website dedicated to educational but FUN ideas for kids.
We love these Peek-A-Boo Christmas Surprises because, not only are they ADORABLE, but they are great for a number of reasons:
- You can spend time crafting and colouring with your kids.
- You can introduce the concept of primary and secondary colours while colouring.
- They are fabulous for fine motor skills (e.g. colouring and cutting out templates).
- They make wonderful little presents for friends and family.
- They help to engage with others (e.g. share emotions, share joy, communication starter/ice breaker)
- There is space on the back of the card to practice writing your name (or leave a small message to a relative if gifting these)
Children can choose from THREE designs –
- Cheeky Elf
- Cute Reindeer
- Fun Snowman
Each comes in three pieces:
- the pop up Christmas Gift
- Your cheeky character
- A backing for a name/ short note
You could make these pop ups with a photo of your child! How cute would that be?
MATERIALS – You will need:
- Our free Peek-A-Boo Christmas Surprise printable (scroll down to visit Learning Resources for your download),
- Popsicle sticks,
- Colouring Pens or markers
How to make your Peek-A-Boo Christmas Surprise
You can choose to colour in your printables before or after assembly. Here we started with the assembly first.
1) Download the printable (scroll down for your link to Learning Resources)! And then cut out your favourite Pop Up Christmas Gift Surprise and accompanying present shapes. You can choose snowman, reindeer or Christmas elf! Make them all, play peek-a-boo and let your friends guess who is hiding in the present box.
2) The present front (the one without tag) has got a red line! Cut along this red line and separate lid from box.
3) Add glue to the top of the popsicle Stick and glue either snowman, reindeer or elf on the popsicle stick. Make sure to let it dry!
4) Turn around the bottom part of the present and add glue along the sides. Leave out top and bottom part so that we can add the popsicle stick later and snowman can pop out of the present!
5) Glue the bottom part of the present to the back side of the present template (the one with tag).
You can hold it against the light as well to make sure both sides match.
6) Once fully dried, slide the popsicle stick with snowman into the present.
7) Add a little glue to the top part of the snowman’s head and stick the present lid on it.
Gently check that you can open and close the present easily and then let it dry.
8) Time to colour (unless you decided to colour it in before assembly!).
Here is the little Christmas elf surprising everyone! You can add a little note on the back of the Peek-A-Boo Christmas Surprise right on the illustrated tag. And then gift it to someone special!
Grab you printables here:
More wonderful projects brought to you in collaboration with Learning Resources (amongst main more..):
Emotions Snowman Colouring Pages – SEL resources