The final card in our set of 6 Super Simple Valentines Card! We have 6 wonderful and super easy Valentine’s Day cards for you to check out and have a go at. Finally, we have our oh so cute and simple Valentines Owl Card for. As with all our DIY Valentines Day Cards for kids, this is designed to provide you with inspiration and you can make it your own!
Pop up Owl Cards How To
Feeling inspired? Have more time on your hands? We also have a fantastic POP UP Owl Card you can adapt for Valentine’s (complete with templates):
I love these pop up owls. They are also super easy to make.. but take a little longer! So these are a good option if you have a little more lesson plan time to fill.
Supplies Neede to make a Simple Valentine’s Day Owl Card
- Cardstock in desired colours – we used A5 card folded in half, though you can use construction paper too
- Pieces of scrap paper to cut OWL features from – in desired colours
How to make a simple Valentine’s Day Owl Card
You can watch the video on auto play or follow the step by step instructions
Step by Step Owl Card Instructions
Cutting out the owl embellishments
Begin by cutting out your owl embellishments and shapes. I think if I made this card again, I would make the beak and eyes BIGGER! You will need to cut:
- 3 yellow hearts for the owl beak and owl feet
- A number of little paper hearts (i did 4) for the owl’s tummy
- 2 white circles for the owl’s eyes
- 2 larger circles for the owl’s eyes (use the white circles as a guide
Add heart shaped pupils to your white circles!
Shape the owl card and stick your features
Now it is time to shape your owl card and glue your features in place!
Ta daaaa! Your super simple Valentine’s Day Owl Card is finished!!!
Happy Valentine’s Day!