Our Toilet Paper Roll Animal Crafts series continues. Today with E is for Elephant and this adorable and fun Toilet Paper Roll Elephant Craft!
The Toilet Paper Roll Elephant is an example of where you shape the toilet roll by cutting and folding “out” certain body parts – in this case the ears and nose. Which means you have no need for gluing (apart from the googly eyes, which of course are optional!). It is also an example of animal craft – where you can go “off piste” a bit your choice of colours – usually elephants are grey, but the blue looks great too – and had we chosen pink or green, it would still have been a recognisable craft. Let your child decide and have fun with colours!
Materials per Toilet Paper Roll Elephant:
- 1 Toilet Paper Roll
- Googly Eyes & Glue (optional)
To Make your Toilet Paper Roll Elephant Craft:
- Paint your Toilet Paper Roll in your desired colour and let dry.
- Cut out an oval (not all the way and fold FORWARD. If you need use this ear to trace a “mini template” onto a scrap bit of paper, so you can use this to cut out the second ear in a similar size. To be honest, we trimmed one ear once we cut it, to match the other side. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Cut out the second ear.
- Using point scissors, make a small hole and insert your scissors to cut out the trunk. And fold up.
- Glue on the googly eyes – have fun with the positioning of the eyes – can you see how the character of your elephant changes depending on where you stick them?
- Add some details in black pen – lines on the trunk, toe nails and a tail at the back.
DONE! You have finished your Toilet Paper Roll Elephant Craft! Woohoo!!!
Fancy some more SAFARI Animals.. we have some great Toilet Paper Roll Safari Animals included here:
And some more great Toilet Paper Roll Zoo Animals (including a Toilet Paper Roll Keeper) here:
Alternatively, find ALL our Toilet Paper Roll Animal Crafts in one place: