We love recycled crafts and we adore DIY Christmas Ornaments. In fact we love our ornaments so much, that we have put 30 of our favourites to gether in a special Christmas Ornaments Book for you! Do check it out, hope you love it as much as we do. Today, however is all about Bottle Caps.. and turning old plastic bottle caps into a this cute and fun Rudolph ornament. It literally only took a few minutes to make and it is so cute. I think it would love fun on the front of a Christmas Card too!
Bottle Cap Rudolph Ornaments – Materials
- the only thing you REALLY need is a red bottle cap.. any red top!!
- if you can find a black or brown one too (I thik ours is from a hot chocolate tub), brillirnat, if not, use some brown card
- googly eyes
- pipecleaners, twigs or card for antlers
- a little string, ribbon or bakers twine for hanging (we love bakers twine US/ UK)
- strong glue – now this is key – gluing plastic to plastic can be tricky (we first tried with a hot glue gun, but not strong enough – this glue works well US/ UK)
(affiliate links added for convenience)
Bottle Cap Rudolph Ornaments – How To
Interested in the other ornaments in this photo? You can take a peak at the Penguin Ornaments here.. and at the Paper Snowman Ornaments here!
To be honest, I think the picture is pretty self explanatory.
We played around with our bottle caps at first to see what we could make (and owl would be lovely too).
Then we glue the red bottle cap and googly eyes in place and let dry.
Made some holes for antlers and hanging string into the side of the large bottle cap.
Finally, add your antlers – glue in place.
Hang your Bottle Cap Rudolph Ornament and stand back and admire!
If you love Christmas Ornaments as much as we do, you will adore our Christmas Ornament Book. Grouped into 3 age groups: preschool, kids and “older kids” (aka grown ups), each craft is shared on one page – making the perfect worksheet print outs. Lovely to have them all in one place too! Many of the crafts contained are suitable for selling at charity fund raisers too! Lovely indeed!
Get yours today and keep it forever!