We love all getting crafty for the kids and we love sending friends and family homemade Christmas cards every year. As the number of the kids’ friends grow, I think it is nice to get THEM to make their own cards – that way it is personal and thoughtful, but also, they don’t get tempted to give cards to everyone “just because”. Hopefully these Christmas card ideas will set you up for the next few weeks!
We made our usual Christmas Card Ideas video, followed by the links and additional ideas:
Christmas Card Ideas for Preschoolers
Cotton Wool Pad Snowman Cards – this is such a sweet collage for kids to make. Mine made these at preschool and were so proud to give it to me when they got home. Isn’t it adorable?
We had lots of fun with these easy Gingerbread men cards! Use your own cookie cutters to make these fun little cards with the kids. There is an updated version of these in our New Paper Projects book too, that I think you will love!
Textured and tactile Gingerbread house collage. These Gingerbread houses are so fun to make and a great way to explore shapes! Love the different patterns and textures.
Oh these Santa Star Cards take me back to my own childhood. Happy memories!
Super simple Santa Card Design to make in bulk
Keeping things simple and fun with these Christmas Tree & Sequins Cards for tots! They make great cards OR you can string them up as a garland too!
We love combining ornaments with greeting cards to make “Ornament Cards” a gift and a card in one. These easy Button Snowflake would be just perfect for that!
These DIY Lacing Cards would make adorable Christmas Cards for kids to send too!
Oh Christmas Tree – Recycled magazine cards – great to teach the kids about recycling and making fun cards whilst you are at it!
A great way to use young children’s messy art and turn it into fabulous Bauble Cards (Great for Tots and all ages up!)
Similarly these adorable and easy Origami Reindeers make great collages or Greeting Cards!
Fun with Puffy Paint Snowglobe cards! The cutest!!!
A classic fun craft for kids – printing making with cookie cutters.. then turn them into Cookie Cutter Printing Cards (again great for Tots and all ages up!)
Leaf Rubbing Christmas Card – isnt this a fun idea? And so cute!
Colourful Holiday Cards from Inner Child Fun – so vibrant and cheerful!
Handprint Rudolph from The Imagination Tree
Star Christmas Tree made from Kids Art – this link no longer works (sorry!) but in essence.. use children’s art and cookie cutters to cut out shapes and create a star shaped Christmas tree!
Christmas Card DIYs for older kids
Or check out how easy this Pop Up Christmas Card is to make and then design your own super duper cute Christmas or Winter Scene.
Pop Up Reindeer Card
Paper Quilled Wreath Cards
Watch our Oldie but Goldie Christmas Card Hangout from YouTube as we present our ideas (again!).
Christmas Card Ideas Links
1) Cotton Wool Pad Snowman Cards (40sec into the video)
2) Textured and tactile Gingerbread house collage (1min 10sec into the video)
3) Santa Star Cards (2min into the video)
4) Christmas Tree & Sequins Cards for tots (2min 50 sec)
5) Ornament Cards (Button Snowflake) (3min 05 sec)
6) Lebkuchen Heart with pumkin seeds and lentils (3min 30sec)
7) Stained Glass by Kids Chaos (4min 16 sec)
8) Potato Print Rudolph by Kids Chaos (5min in)
9) Christmas Promise and Decoration (6min) Link to Follow
10) More is more Recycled Christmas Tree from Plus2Point4(6min 20sec) (link to follow)
11) Tactile Shape Christmas Tree from Crystal (8min 15sec)
12) Baby Lid Surprise Picture Frame (so clever!) (8min 50sec)
13) Fingerprint Nativity / 3 Kings etc from the Fairy Frog (9min 55sec)
14) Sticking Fun for Toddler from Peakle Pie (11min)
Inspired? Want to make your own DIY Wrapping Paper now? Look no further!