Well, my kids are slowly getting into the whole “dress up thing” and last year they enjoyed going Trick or Treating for Halloween for thee first time. We kept it simple costume wise. This year I needed some easy Halloween costume ideas for myself. And then I remembered the wonderful easy Tutu craft Guest post from The Imagination Tree a while back. What a perfect for an easy Halloween costume idea too. Make a purple/green/ black tutu and you on your way to a little witch! Then add a little hat done. Here we go:
Materials: tulle/ netting in desired colours, elastic band (or ribbon), 2 pieces of black A3 card, elastic for hat
I chose to go for the pattern: Black, Green, Black, Purple, Black, Green etc
1) Make your tutu in the desired colours: Cut a piece of elastic that fits snuggly round your child’s waist and not. Then cut approx 70cm long strips of netting and knotting them around a piece of elastic as per the above. The 70cm is really just an approximation, you can make it shorter or longer as desired. repeat until your elastic is “full” all the way around. Check out the easy Tutu craft if you need more detailed info. Tutu done.
2) The hat: we decided to make a “party hat” styled witches hat, as a) A3 card is more easily available (and I had some in and didn’t have to go to the shops and b) it is less likely to fall off your child’s head all the time and c) it looks cute.
3) To make the cone – cut a quarter of a circle out of your card. I used a pencil and string to measure it out.
4) Roll into a cone shape and staple in place
5) Take your second sheet of paper, cut a circle (I used a plate as a “stencil). Then place your cone in the sent and draw around it to mark where it needs to go. Now cut a SMALLER circle out and the make indents into the remaining rim (see photo). Bend up and glue in place.
6) Add a little tape were your elastic will go, to strength the card, make a hole with a safety pin and then make the whole a little bigger with a pencil and thread through your elastic.
7) Tie some netting around it and done.
Then dress you child in black (t-shirt and trousers/ tights) and add your hat and tutu and your done!
Now how was that for an easy Halloween costume? Need more ideas? Sun Scholars has a list of 55 for you to check out!
I am taking part in a Halloween Costume blog hop… check out these blogs for more WONDERFUL ideas and add your own costume idea too!
SunScholars.blogspot.com- AllDoneMonkey.com – CrayonFreckles.com – NoTwiddleTwaddle.com – RedTedArt.com – JDaniel4sMom.com – BInspiredMama.blogspot.com – SugarSnips.com – TheEducatorsSpinOnIt.blogspot.com – MamasLikeMe.com – KitchenCounterChronicle.com
Come share your easy halloween costume ideas too!!