Those of you, who have been following my blog closely.. will know two things.. 1) I can’t resist a DIY Tesk Tidy – espeically if made from old Tin Cans and paper and 2) that we have a rather fun Halloween Tin Can Bowling game… taht comes out year after year. Well. I recently made a set of Christmas DIY Tesk Tidies – and then realised, that I had enough got a game of….. CHRISTMAS Tin Can Bowling!! Woohoo!
So yes.. you saw.
You were inspired.
And now you get to play!!!
How to make a Christmas Tin Can Bowling Game
- You will need 6 clean and dried tin cans with all the labels removed.
- You will need coloured paper for the different characters (though, as with our Halloween Tin Can bowling you can paint the characters on too).
- A tennis ball wrapped in white paper and taped “shut”
Then make your different Christmas Tin Can Desk Tidy designs as per these blog posts:
- DIY SANTA Desk Tidy
- DIY Reindeer Desk Tidy (you may modify it and ommit the antlers as they may well get a bit scraggily by the end.. or just keep replacing them!)
- DIY Elf Desk Tidy
- DIY Snowman Desk Tidy
- DIY Penguin Desk Tidy
- DIY Polar Bear Desk Tidy (you may wish to move the ears “down” from the top of the tin can to avoid them being bent too much)
- Take a tennis ball, wrap in paper and secure with lots of tape
In addition – you can add numbers to the back of your tin can.. and sneak in some math practice – adding up points depending on which Christmas Tin Can you knock over.
How to play Tin Can Bowling
Stack your tin cans.
Mark a spot from where to bowl from (may be a different spot depending on age)…
Roll that ball…..
Keep it simple – winner who knocks the most over
.. or add some maths – add numbers to the back of your tin cans, to add up extra scores.
You are welcome! Have fun!!
Hope you like this fun Christmas Craft.. as you can imagine.. we have plenty more great Christmas Crafts for Kids: