Christmas is my favourite time of year to craft with the kids (though Autumn Crafts are a close second!!!!), I have any happy memories of dark, cozy afternoons, huddled together and making Christmas Crafts. Over the years here on Red Ted Art, we have made many Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids, and it is about time, I brought them all together in one place for you. We will continue to update this post over the years, so do come back, browse and find new additions ad ideas! I have also created a special subsection of Christmas Crafts for Preschoolers aaaaand we have a great selection of Christmas Paper Crafts for Kids – great if you only have basic craft supplies! There are of course lots of overlaps between “kids” and “preschoolers” – and I usually find it has to do with how much adult support there is available! And we have a whole section for Christmas Gifts that kids can make! Do visit that too!
Christmas paper crafts
Since starting the Red Ted Art YouTube channel, we have a newly refreshed loved for PAPER CRAFTS. The reason the channel has reignited our love for paper, is that we realised that so many kids that watch the channel HAVE PAPER. It is an inexpensive and yet versatile craft material.. and there are lots of wonderful easy Christmas Paper Crafts for Kids! Yay.
- Easy Origami Star Bowl
- Cutes of cute Paper Santa Lanterns!
- We also ADORE these light up 3d Paper Christmas Trees. They work wonderful on their own or with the addition of an electric tea light!
- Have fun with these Victorian Paper Toys and make some Christmas Thaumatropes Printables
- 3D Paper Bag Star (these are so easy and fun to make and look great!)
- A little trickier but beautiful are these Giant 3d snowflake
- And then of course there are the classic paper snowflakes
- Loomband Wreath
- Christmas Santa Coloring Page
- DIY Christmas Fortune Tellers – choose from Rudolph, Santa, Elf or Christmas gift! Then play a game of Christmassy truth or dare!
- 3D Christmas Tree Coloring Page – this is oh so wonderful elegant. Simply wow!
- Paper Angel Printable
- Oh check out our OH SO POPULAR Christmas Flexagons – Paper Toys that you can colour and assemble yourself. Super fun to make.
- We have some super cute and simple Origami Christmas Trees here too – perfect as a little room decoration or as an addition to a Winter Village or even as DIY Christmas Ornaments!
- How fabulous are these Christmas Clothespin Puppets?!
More Christmas Printables here!
Christmas Bookmarks for Kids
As you know we ADORE making Bookmarks. Bookmarks are a great classroom activity, for a cold and dark Winter’s evening at home and also make great little gifts for friends and family. Here are some of our favourite!
- Santa Bookmark
- Christmas Tree Bookmark
- Reindeer Bookmark Corner
- Penguin Bookark Corner
- Snowman Bookmark (check out the Blindfolded Challenge too)
- Polar Bear Bookmark
Lots more Christmas Bookmark Ideas here!
Christmas Cookies for Kids
I know that Christmas Cookies for kids isn’t really a craft! Ha. However, I think baking at Christmas time and involving the kids is a key part of magical Christmas memories! And there is no reason why can’t get creative in the kitchen! Baking definitely should be part of anyone’s easy Christmas crafts for kids!
- Not strictly speaking a cookie, but a fun treat – Santa Treats Sleigh (makes a GREAT stocking filler or gift to a friend)
- No Bake Mini Gingerbread Houses
- Santa Star Cookies
- Traditional Thumbprint Cookies
- Traditional Vanilla Crescent Moon Cookies
- Stained Glass Star Cookies
As well as some fabuous EDIBLE ORNAMENTS to make with kids:
Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids
So this is our most “general” section – just plain simply: easy Christmas crafts for kids!!!! I am sure I could have grouped them (maybe into recycled Christmas crafts for kids or similar), but I thought it is good just to have a general section.. where you can fit everything in!
Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Ideas
- TP Roll Snowmen (and a game of Snowman Bowling)
- Fabulous Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Trees (great as Napkin Rings or Ornaments)
- Cute little TP Roll Angel (say aaaaah)
- How about a Twiggy Rudolph? Yes please!
- Or this super cute and simple TP Roll Santa (fill him with sweets for an extra treat!)
- Alternatively, make your OWN set of 3 Kings AND a Camel! (The Camel still makes me giggle). Find the TP Roll 3 Kings here and the TP Roll Camel here.
- 2 different types of DIY TP Roll Gift boxes (that kids can make too!)
- And no Christmas crafting would be complete without your very own TP Roll Christmas Cracker Craft
- Or make some cute little TP Roll Snowflakes with the kids and decorate the house!
More great Christmas Crafts for Kids
- Have a go at this delicious Cinnamon Play Dough – sensory fun for the holidays!
- We also had fun, with a Winter Small World Play
- Adore this upcycled Christmas Tree Hat made from cardboard. So easy to make too!
- Recycled Star Crayons
- Snowman Treat Jars
- 3 Wise Men Puppets (these are so sweet!)
- Wonderful Winter Village Luminary set! This takes recycled crafts to a whole new level. Seriously sweet and you can add as much or little detail as you like!
- Easy DIY Gift Bags for awkardly shaped gifts!
- Make Your Own Snowman Snap Game for school fairs or the classroom
Christmas Cards for Kids
We LOVE making cards. Christmas Cards are a fun way to get creative, but also to put a smile on a friend’s, teacher’s or relative friends. They make great “keepsakes” for family that live further away. Check out our Christmas Cards for Kids from years gone by!
- Adorable little Cotton Wool Pad Snowman Cards – great for young kids
- Gingerbread men cards
- Origami Penguin Cards
- Bauble Cards (Great for Tots and all ages up!)
- Oh Christmas Tree – Recycled magazine cards
- Textured and tactile Gingerbread house collage
- Santa Star Cards
- Christmas Tree & Sequins Cards for tots
- Ornament Cards (Button Snowflake)
- Puffy Paint Snowglobe Cards
More Christmas Card for Kids ideas here!
Christmas Ornaments for Kids
Ah yes, Christmas Ornaments – we have a HUGE post dedicated to our favourite Christmas DIY ever – the lovely Christmas Ornament. We have even put 30 of our favourites into a special Christmas Ornament Book for you! I have picked out the section that is most “generally” appropriate for “kids”.. but of course it is all relative and you may want to browse the other ideas too!
- Fun with Pipecleaners – make these cute Pipecleaner Christmas Tree Ornaments
- Also ADORE these Dried Orange Slice Foxes. So cute!
- Get the felt tips out, make your basic Salt Dough Recipe and create some of these fabulous Santa Star Ornaments. Just so fun!
- Cutest Felt Penguin Ornaments – Red Ted Art
- Olaf – who doesn’t love Olaf?! A great craft for Champagne Corks!
- Similar theme – you can also make these little Rainbow Snowmen Corks
- Santa Corks (I love these little guys. Great for a game of “Santa Bowling” too!)
- And because we can’t get enough of corks, we also made ADORABLE Cork Penguin Ornaments!
- How about some Cinnamon Salt Dough – simply divine!
- Felt Hearts (teach kids to sew)
- Felt Button Stars (more kids learn to sew)
- Snowflake Ornament (use up those old puzzles)
- Papier Mache Baubles (yes, a bit random, but wanted to see if it would work!)
- DIY White Clay Hearts
- Mini Presents
- Fabric Keepsake Bauble
- Art Paper Baubles & Trees
- Similarly you can turn these easy Paper Baubles into Paper Snowman Ornaments. SO SWEET! They look amazing but are easier to make than you think!
- Photo Paper Baubles (a variation on the art bauble)
- Cookie Cutter Card & Ornament in One (more Edible Christmas Ornaments here)
- Scrap Fabric Angel (designed and blogged by a teen)
- Austrian Paper Angel
- Pom Pom Peg Fairies
- Pom Pom Fairies (wooden beads)
- Melted Hama Bead Cookie Cutter Ornaments
- Paper Fan Angels
- Sea Glass Ornaments
We have many many more DIY ornament ideas for you browse here –
Christmas Crafts for Preschoolers
I just wanted to highlight that we have a great section dedicated to Christmas Crafts for Preschoolers – this captures the “toddler” through to preschool age group (2yrs – 5yrs). Preschoolers are at the same time a wonderful and yet tricky age group to work with – they have wonderful enthusiasm, beautiful “innocents” to their work and sometimes can get frustrated as their fine motor skills catch up with their creativity. So i create a sub section of ideas JUST for preschoolers – some will overlap with the Christmas Crafts shared above, others are just for this wonderful age.. from tots, to kindergarden and preschool!
And don’t forget those Gifts Kids Can Make – nothing like a homemade gift!!
Enjoy your Easy Christmas Crafts for Kids!