I first created this Goat Bookmark Corner in order to complete our Chinese Zodiac Bookmark collection. It is also perfect for annoying who, well, LOVES Goats…. but also is looking for a Billy Goat Gruff Craft or for some Farm Animal Crafts! Another one to add to our extensive Corner Bookmark collection!
A cute and simple paper goat craft for kids!
This goat craft is probably better for kids 5yrs+, though if you are working on this as a “together” project, toddlers and preschoolers can have a go too!
To make your Goat Bookmark Corner, you will need:
- White square paper (20 x 20cm ish is nice, but any size will do)
- Paper scraps in white, grey, yellow/ beige – whatever you have (construction paper scraps are great for this)
- Black Pen
- Glue stick
How to make your Billy Goat Craft paper bookmark corner
As always begin by making your classic origami bookmark corner in white (or grey or brown!).
We have the basic corner bookmark video on auto play or follow the step by step instructions.
First you will need to make a square out of your paper. Corner bookmarks need squares of paper, but here we show you how to create that perfect square!!
- Take your A5 sheet of paper and fold over one corner to create a triangle.
- Cut off the excess and rotate your triangle so the long edge is at the bottom and the right angle faces up. Make sure the top of the triangle is looking up and you have the long edge running perpendicular.
- Fold the lower right corner up to meet the top right angled corner.
- Repeat for the left side.
- Fold these two back open.
- Flip down ONE of the top sheets and crease.
- Now fold the flaps you created back up and tuck INTO your bookmark.
- Repeat for the other side
- Congratulations, you have just created your basic Origami Corner Bookmark!
Once you have made your bookmark corner, it is time to decorate! This goat craft focusses on the goat’s head!
To embellish your bookmark as a goat, you will need to:
- 2 horns (think of banana shapes with the ends cut off)
- two ears
- two eyes
- one beard in a contrasting colour
- one nose & mouth – you may find it easier to draw this on with a pen than cut it out
Assembling your Goat Corner Bookmark:
You will now need to trim off approximately 1/4 of your bookmark corner. Be mindful of which side you cut – as it will influence which way your goat will face.
Flip the origami bookmark corner, so you are now decorating the back and your shape is in portrait (long way up).
Glue on your goat’s goaty and nose part.
Add details to the horns in pen.
Now it is time to have some fun with those eyes! See how the position of them totally changes the character of your Billy Goat Gruff.
Glue down the eyes and horns and you are done!
More fun with Farmyard Animal Bookmark Corners here: