Dia De Los Muertos
My kids have recently been quite fascinated by “death” (sorry, I think it is their age) and try and be as honest as possible with them. We thought that looking at Day of the Dead (Dia de Los Muertos) crafts could help them talk some more about it. I personally always been interested in the Day of the Dead myself – I like the idea of celebrating the dead and making the “morbid, less morbid”. So once again, we thought we would come together and share our Day of Dead Craft ideas in a video for you. I have then added some additional links for you peruse!
Day of the Dead Crafts Video
Day of the Dead Crafts Additional Info & Links
1. Day of the Dead Balloons – a super simple activity that you can do with the kids. Shown right at the beginning of the video.
2. Day of the Dead Stones (2min into the video)
3. Day of the Dead Corks (3min 25sec into the video)
4. Day of the Dead Bunting (incl. free printable and with a bit of Star Wars thrown in) from the lovely Kids Chaos (4min 25sec)
5. Skull Potato Prints (5min 55sec)
6. Clay Skulls (6min 5sec)
7. Day of the Dead T-shirts from the gorgeous Zing Zing Tree (7min 30sec)
8. Glitter skulls (love these) (8min 30sec)
9. Skeleton Lady (another must see (9min 10sec)
In addition to the video, check out these lovely Day of the Dead Crafts for Kids
10. these clever Plastic Spoons Day of the Dead Skulls. Genius.
11. Love these Day of the Dead planters – love the idea of death and regrowth
14. Love the combination of Marigold and Skull Cookies - these are definitely on our to do list!
15. These free 3D Day of the Dead Masks are adorable and would be quick and easy to make.
17. Love these Sugar Skull pinatas – apparently NO BALLOON required to make them! Yay.
19. Another love (hahaha how OFTEN have I used that word..?) are these Day of the Dead Matchboxes – like a portable shrine your loved ones.
20. Or try your hand at this felt hair piece!
21. Throw a Day of The Dead Party and make a Pinata!
22. Check out this video to create your own Sugar Skull Make Up for kids: