Dried Orange Slices Ideas
Many of you adore our How to Dry Orange Slices tutorial. Many of you have beena sking for some Dried Orange Slices Ideas.
So I thought I would recap on some of the ideas shared in the past. My favourite, I think are Dried Orange Garland DIYs. But more to those next!
The majority of Dried Orange slice decorations, simply use the orange as is (we just like them as simple orange ornaments). However, they look fantastic combined with other dried citrus fruit, clovesm cinnamon sticks and pinecones. Here are some of our favourite ideas as seen in the image above . Enjoy!!
Favourite DIY Orange Slices Ideas for Decorating
1. A GORGEOUS garland by Design Megillah. As mentioned previously, I think using oranges as ornaments or garlands is definitely the way to go! They look fabulous and really cheer up the place.
2. A traditional advent kranz (version 1) select tab 21 by Wunderweib. We love advent kranzes. They take me back to my childhood. So pretty and a lovely way to slowly start decorating for the Christmas!
3. Traditional advent kranz (version 2) by Bastelspass. And you can never have too many options for your Orange Slice Advent Kranz decorating ideas… right?!
4. Gypsy Daisy makes another easy and fun garland. Combine it with berries. The berries and the oranges will contrast well. So very beautiful.
5. A wreath by Bastelideen.info. Most people shy away from making their own Christmas Wreath for the door. But maybe you have one that you get out every year.. you could always add some dried orange slices for that extra handmade look?
6. Simple table decoration by Bastel Elfe – collect and scatter! Yes, we LOVE simple. And you can’t go wrong with this. So sweet!
7. Anis Decoration from Canadian Country Woman. Anis stars are so very pretty especially this time of year and the combinations of rustic smells is devine.
8. I love the simplicity of this Cinnamon & Orange Decoration by Bastelideen.info! Less really is more. And simple is often best!
9. Gift embellishment by Lea. Extend the rustic feel to gifts too and add your dried citrus fruit to gifts!
10. Making DIY Mulled Wine Kits is super fun and easy – they look supper pretty if you add some dried orange slices and star anise!
11. And finally, a lovely tree from a reader on twitter! Thank you for sending us this lovely image of your Christmas tree, with lights and dried orange slices! So pretty!
LOVE these beaded and ribbon orange slices from Brainy Beginnings Network! Just stunning!
Now.. either go and buy some dried orange slices (affiliate link) or have a go at our DIY Dried Orange Slices Tutorial. Then get decorating!
You may also like our Cinnamon Dough recipe:
So… aren’t all these orange slices simply divine? Fancy giving it a go? Why not make it part of your advent activities with your kids?
Don’t forget to grab your copy of the Christmas Ornament Book.
Get yours today and keep it forever!