We love Autumn! All those pretty Autumn colours – reds, yellows and oranges and all those fantastic Leaf Craft Ideas heading our way. As we do love our Paper Crafts here on Red Ted Art.. our Paper Craft love affair continues today with these cute and Easy Paper Leaf designs. These are NOT Origami Leaf Patterns, but they have their origin in origami. They are similar to the gorgeous paper butterflies we did earlier in the year, so I do hope you love this Paper Leaf Craft as much as I do!! Let’s learn how to make a paper leaf today! The perfect Leaf Craft for Fall you could also turn these into fantastic DIY Fall Garland Ideas.
If you like today’s paper leaf and want to see more paper leaf patterns, please do leave me a comment below and hopefully, I will be able to add some very soon for you!
Paper Leaf – Materials
- A square piece of paper – any size, we used 14 x 14 cm
- A little glue
As mentioned these are NOT Origami Leaves, though LOOK like they are origami leaves, but paper leaves that do require a little cutting and gluing (but not much!).
The great thing about this easy paper leaf how to, is that you do NOT need a paper leaf template to make it. You start off with a square piece of paper and work your way onwards from there. We will show you how to make a paper leaf step by step today. It really is easy and pretty and fun!
How to Make a Paper Leaf
Yes it is video time again. Most of our Paper Crafts DIYs are lend themselves to the video format. I hope you like it too! I have included some written instructions below, for those that find them helpful. In the meantime, to watch our easy paper leaf craft video (and don’t forget to subscribe to Red Ted Art over on YouTube!).
Paper Leaf step by step instructions
- Begin by folding your square piece of paper in half.
- Take a ruler and draw a line from top left of the rectangle (where the fold is) to the bottom right of the rectangle (where the folded paper opens)
- Cut along this line and put the “spare triangles to one side”
- Now open your folded triangle to reveal a “bigger triangle”.
- Starting at the bottom, start folding a 0.5cm concertina until you get to the very tip.
- Now fold the concertina in half (the long flat edges meeting, the tip being on the outside).
- This is your basic leaf shape. You can now glue it down and can finish here..
OR you can..
8. Add a stem, by taking one of the discarded triangles, rolling them into a tube. Flattening it and hooking it over the bottom of your leave before gluing all in place.
Done. Aren’t these Paper Leaves simply stunning? I love how simple and yet effective they are just gorgeous. Love this Paper Leaf DIY and hope you do too!
As well as more fantastic Autumn Crafts for Kids here
And a fanstic set of LEAF CRAFTS here