Yes!! We have done it again.. it is time for YET ANOTHER Corner Bookmark… well you my dear readers, keep asking for new designs.. so how can I NOT oblige. Today, we have a lovely wintery theme: a Penguin Bookmark Corner.
How to make a penguin corner bookmark
These cute little Penguin Craft, joins the rest of our corner bookmarks – monster bookmarks, minion bookmarks, owl bookmarks, heart bookmarks, fox bookmarks and of course reindeer boomarks – pretty soon we will have a corner bookmark for all occasions 🙂
As with all our bookmarks, this paper penguin is based on the classic Origami Bookmark, which is then decorated it to turn it into the easy Penguin Origami Bookmark design!
Please DO leave comments down below of what sort of crafts you would like to see in future, it is really helpful when planning our craft activities to bear your wishes in mind!
Simple Penguin Origami Bookmark – Materials
- Some black paper – 15 x 15 cm is good
- White paper scraps for details
- Orange paper scraps for the paper penguin’s beak
- Black pen
- Glue stick
You are now ready to get started on your Paper Penguin Corner Bookmark DIY!
Easy Penguin Bookmark Corner How To:
Do watch the full Penguin Bookmark Corner Video or check out the instructions below!
Aren’t the penguin corner bookmarks simply adorable? Here I have outlined the KEY STEPS again, as a quick reminder. But DO watch the video, as the steps are clearly explained slowly and easy and great to follow….
For those of you would like some printable instructions to use in the classroom or at and event, you can purchase these for the price of a coffee (actually less!) and by doing so, you help support in keeping this website running! Many thanks!
How to make a Corner Bookmark Corner – Basic Shape
Begin by making a classic Origami Bookmark with a black piece of paper. We like using paper roughly 15 x 15cm in size.. but any size will do.
First you will need to make a square out of your paper. Corner bookmarks need squares of paper, but here we show you how to create that perfect square!!
- Take your A5 sheet of paper and fold over one corner to create a triangle.
- Cut off the excess and rotate your triangle so the long edge is at the bottom and the right angle faces up. Make sure the top of the triangle is looking up and you have the long edge running perpendicular.
- Fold the lower right corner up to meet the top right angled corner.
- Repeat for the left side.
- Fold these two back open.
- Flip down ONE of the top sheets and crease.
- Now fold the flaps you created back up and tuck INTO your bookmark.
Then all you need to do is decorate and make a penguin
- cut some round circles to make the penguin’s eyes
- next you will need an orange beak – cut a thin orange triangle
- Cut out a white tummy (the video shows you ar egreat technique for this)
- And finally, you will need some orange feet
- Once you have all your paper penguin’s details, glue them down and your Penguin Corner Bookmark is finished!
If you love this post, don’t forget to share it with your friends on Facebook or Pinterest!!! THANK YOU!
Love Penguins? Check out our adorable Penguin Ornaments here:
And of course an extensive list of Corner Bookmark Designs here: