FREE Kids’ Sewing Projects for Christmas
As may know, I am a big fan of teaching kids (or anyone) basic crafting skills… and sewing is one such skill. I think everyone should be able to do the basics of sewing – from sewing on a button to simple sewing projects for kids. I have what is I hope a great article on Teaching Kids to Sew, if you are struggling to figure out when to start and how to start sewing with kids! Today however, is all about Kids Sewing Projects for Christmas!!
Yes, we have some adorable Christmas Sewing Projects for you to get stuck into. I have also included a set of more “generic” Christmas Sewing Projects for “big” kids, simply because they look so very lovely!! You could probably make these as “together” projects with your children.
All sewing patterns shared here today are FREE!
Kids Sewing Projects for Christmas
- Easy Penguin Ornaments (we made these as party bag sewing kits. So cute!)
- Felt Reindeer Ornament or Reindeer Brooch – this is a simply darling “together project”, get the grown ups to sew the details and the kids to assemble the reindeer into a brooch or ornament. Just so sweet!
- Felt Heart Ornaments – I adore the contrasting colour of these and they look wonderful as tree decorations, but also on bookbags.
- What is not to love about the combination of Felt Buttons and Stars? A great project to get kids sewing and learning those basic skills!
- Another Reindeer Ornament – this time you have a silhouette with a fabulous bright red nose! Wonderful.
- Adorable little Penguin Softies! I want to take these home and give them a cuddle!
- Scandinavian Gnome – I mean, this little guy is just full of super duper cuteness, I want to have a go at make him (never mind the kids!).
- We love all things cute.. and this felt Snowman Ornament is indeed cute. The kids will love to have a go!
- Or check out this bigger and perfect to cuddle Snowman Softie? Oh the choices the choices!
- I love this Felt Christmas Tree Ornament – as it introduces embroidery stitches for kids. Personally, I am rather a fan of the French Knot.
- Adore these 3D Robins. How seriously lovely are they? A great project for the more confident sewing child.
- I love how simple and oh so ADORABLE this little Gingerbread Man softie is. The kids will be so proud making this one!
- Alternatively, use my “favourite” ornament making trick and use your cookie cutters to create some wonderful Gingerbread Men and House Pattern Softies. Perfect for the Christmas tree.
- I love the simplicity of this Christmas Tree Ornament, that not only looks lovely, but is perfect for a child to show their sewing skills. Love. (UPDATE – this craft was originally from Sew Mama Sew but the website is no longer available. Sorry! And image is still available on pinterest)
- I love sewing projects that are based on “sewing hoops” as a frame. They look simply gorgeous and are ready to hang. Just like this wonderful hooped Button Christmas Tree!
- I have made a Christmas Pudding Ornament before… but here is another for you to check out Christmas Pudding. Two for one Christmas Puddings!!! Woohoo!!
- I do love a Christmas Tree Ornament – and these Felt Trees are all so different and super lovely!
- Jolly “Bauble Softies“, these are a great little craft for beginner sewers who want to experiment and try out combining different materials and embellishments
- Happy Pear Ornament Softie – well it IS Christmas time.. so we have another gorgeous little ornament sewing project for kids!
- Purrrrfect Cat Ornaments for kids to make!
- Cute little “treat cones” to hang on the door or tree!
- And I know MY kids will love this adorable “transfer Ornament” idea!
Christmas Sewing Projects for (Big) Kids
- Upcycled DIY Stockings
- Keepsake Ornaments (from old baby cardigans)
- Elf on the shelf Pattern
- Or if you are looking for a “choice” of patterns, here is another great Elf on the Shelf Doll to sew yourself!
- Adorable Deer & Fox Ornaments
Have fun with Kids Sewing Projects this Christmas!
If you are after more information about Teaching Kids to Sew, take a look at this –
As well as lots more simple sewing projects for kids for all year round!!!