Christmas crafts for kids – let’s make make some cute Reindeers… Or maybe you want to make your own toilet roll advent calendar? Or neeed a cute little gift box in a hurry? Want to make some classroom gifts? Take the humble toilet roll and turn it into a very quick and easy Reindeer Toilet Roll Gift Box!
You know we have a love affair with Toilet Roll Crafts.. well you will adore this Christmas Toilet Roll Craft, as it is indeed so quick and easy. Make them yourself.. make them with the kids.. make them with your preschooler. Quick, easy and fun.
I love how you can make all your boxes look the same. Or how you can vary all the little reindeer faces! You can use paints or you can use pens! You can use paper to decorate the box or you can use nature items.. or a combination of all three.
As with ALL our crafts on Red Ted Art, see what we make…. then adapt the craft to what you already have at home. Let’s keep things eco friendly, frugal and do-able!
On the co friendly note – I used to be the biggest fan of googly eyes.. to be honest, I still love them as they are so so fun. But, they are an unnecessary piece of plastic.. and you can so easily make fun and cute crafts without them. Why not draw your eyes on white paper and stick those on instead?
To make your Rudolph TP Roll Gift Box you will need:
- One toilet roll per reindeer
- Pens – red, black, pink (pink is optional)
- Some twigs
- Optional: other extras, eg paper holly leaf or Lindt Bunny Bells
*as mentioned you can switch these things up by:
- drawing googly type eyes on paper, cutting them out and sticking them on with a glue stick
- you can replace Rudolph’s red pen nose, with red paint (often more vibrant)
- you can replace the red nose with a pom pom (super cute… but look for natural eco friendly fibres)
- you can replace the red nose with a scrunched up ball of red tissue paper
- you can replace the twig antlers with cardboard antlers
- you can draw the reindeer’s antlers on!
What can I use my Reindeer Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Craft for?
As mentioned in the introduction, these little TP Roll Reindeers can be used in lots of different ways:
- Make 24 of them – number the backs – and use them as a DIY advent calendar (put them all in a bowl and the kids get to rummage) more info on Advent Calendars and where they originate from on Wikipedia!
- Fill them with some Christmas sweets and gift them at school classmates
- Use them as simple DIY Gift Boxes at Christmas (it really can fit anything – from sweets, to small stationery, to bracelets and more)
How to make your Reindeer Toilet Roll Gift Box for Christmas
Begin my shaping your Toilet Paper Roll Gift Boxes.
Shaping a paper tube, is super easy. Gently squeeze the middle of one end in.
Repeat on the other side. Make a neat crease. One end is already closed.
Take the other end of the TP Roll and repeat.
Your basic gift box is finished.
Now it is time to decorate the gift box into a Christmas reindeer
I love turning these cardboard tubes into rudolph as you don’t have to point the tube first. The grey / brown is a perfect reindeer colour. Of course you can paint it a darker brown if you wish. But by leaving it plain, this becomes a super duper quick craft!
Using your chosen method of decoration add:
- a big red nose
- some eyes
- rosey cheeks
Finally get your twigs and glue them on – hot glue will make it super quick. But you can use a strong PVA glue instead.
Your basic Rudolph gift box is finished. It just needs filling!
However you can add things like bells and holly decorations to make them all a little different. Totally up to you. We always keep the bells and red ribbon from our Easter Chocolate bunnies and they make great additions now!
Done! I do hope you like this little giftbox!
More fun Toilet Roll Crafts for Christmas:
Or how about some more fun Reindeer Crafts here?