It really was only a matter of time before we made a Mermaid Corner Bookmark here on Red Ted Art.
As you know, we do rather love our corner bookmark designs and have literally over a 100 for you to choose from.. but one glaringly obvious missing design was this darling little Mermaid Bookmark Corner.
These mermaid bookmark corners were first published in April 2018
We have Unicorn Corner Bookmarks.. and Mermaid Hug Book Bookmarks (I love these by the way, you simply have to take a look) and finally.. I managed to figure out what a Mermaid Corner Bookmark should look like. We have a whole collection of magical Mermaid Craft Ideas too!
Mermaid Corner Bookmark – Materials
- A square white piece of paper (can be skin tone too), we used one 15 x 15cm
- Coloured paper for hair and fins
- Pens & pencils (for facial details)
- Sequence or glitter glue for decorating (optional)
- Scissors & glue
How to make a Mermaid Bookmark Corner
Watch out for the detailed video how to down below or follow the written steps here!
The Basic Origami Bookmark
As with all our bookmarks, begin by making a basic corner bookmark. You can watch the video above or follow these Step By Step Origami Bookmark Instructions here.
Next trim your top on and sides of the corner bookmark.
The Mermaid’s Hair
Trace an outline of your mermaids head onto the coloured paper designed for the mermaid bookmark’s hair.
Shape to suit a face.
The Mermaid’s Fin
Trace the bottom half of the bookmark in the coloure paper chosen for the mermaids tail. Cut out a triangle.
Then cut out two fins.
Assembling the Mermaid Corner Bookmark
Make sure all your pieces fit together and there is enough space for the face. Add the mermaid’s facial details and skin colour.
Glue down the hair and fin.
Finally, decorate the Mermaid’s fin with glitter glue and sequence (optional of course!).
Done. Isn’t it adorable?
Mermaid Bookmark Video How To:
And now to our video! Or follow the written instructions below.
And love it when readers send me their photos, like this one by Monica
Aren’t the fab?
More lovely DIY Mermaid Crafts here:
- One of our favourite Hug a Book Bookmark designs, thse Mermaid Bookmark Designs can be made from scratch (we show you how) or you can make use of our handy free with printable
- Strictly not a craft, but creative none the less.. check out our Mermaid Colouring Pages! Too lovely
- Broken Dolls? Dispair not.. take some moldable glue and turn them into mermaids.. these recycled doll mermaids have been a favourite at bath time for weeks!
- Or how about some fun with old Kitchen Towel Tubes.. my kids are constantly amazed by how many different things you can make from paper rolls. Today’s DIY Mermaids? Paper Roll Mermaid Craft
- Many Moons ago, the kids and I made about feels like about 100 of these Wooden Peg Mermaid Dolls – oh how we loved to make these?
These Mermaid Corner Bookmarks, would make a wonderful addition to our Summer Corner Bookmark Designs – from Dolphin Bookmarks, to Strawberry Bookmark Cuteness:
See the rest of our Mermaid Craft Ideas here:
You can find this Mermaid Tutorial Video on YouTube too