Toilet Roll Snowman
There isn’t an inch of snow in sight yet.. in fact, we never really get much snow here… but the kids where drawing the “school Christmas cards” this week and came home wanting to make snowmen…. so snowmen it was and what else than a TOILET ROLL SNOWMAN (how we do love a good ol’ Easy Snowman Craft)! You know us and loo rolls.. can’t resist them. And we thought we could make a little snowman game from them: Snowman Bowling! Great fun. If you are REALLY keen, you can draw numbers on your snowmen and as you bowl, practice your maths adding skills. We may still add some numbers on the back. Then there is a surprise element too. If you don’t fancy the bowling idea, these work great as little snowmen treat goodie bags or just have some fun playing with them.
Toilet Roll Snowman Materials
Our snowmen are pretty much 99% recycled, we used a toilet roll, an old single sock, felt scraps and some paint and glue
Toilet Roll Snowman Craft
1) First we painted our toilet rolls white.
2) Then we picked one of our odd socks. We used the top end as the “bottom of the hat” – you know the elastic part of the sock? Cut across it and tied it with some string to create a bobble. Glue the hat in place if need be. Kids socks definitely work best for this!
3) Using the second part of the sock (i.e. where the toe is) – I cut diagonally “round and round” the sock to get a long strip. Which the kids then tied on as a matching scarf. One sock: one hat + one scarf.
4) Draw on your face or use googly eyes.
5) Cut some felt buttons from scraps and glue on.
Finished!! Pip Squeak made three. Red Ted made two and I made one….
And with a minimum of 6 toilet roll snowmen, you have enough for a little bowling team! Add a tennis ball (or smaller) and you are all set to go. And remember you can sneak a bit of maths practice in if you like!
Want more Toilet Roll Crafts? Recently we made a Unicorn Marionette and a Toilet Roll Rudolph. We also have a special toilet roll craft video + links:
Want more lovely Snowman Crafts – take a peak: