Earlier this week, I shared with you our collection of Easy Winter Crafts for Kids. I realised that we had quite a big “sub section” of Easy Winter Crafts for Preschoolers. As this website is PACKED full crafts (I am not just saying it, it really is), it is super easy to LOOSE information. So I thought it would be helpful, if separated out the Preschool Winter Crafts section and make it easier for you to find (and bookmark and revisit). So if you have seen it before… sorry. If you have not seen it before HOORAY. This is why I decided to reshare it!!!
Winter Crafts for Toddlers
So. Back to the task in hand:
Aaaah the preschoolers, our wee little ones that LOVE to craft. Here is a very special Winter Crafts for Kids section dedicated just to the little ones among us. As mentioned before, Preschoolers come with BAGS of enthusiasm, but don’t always have the fine motor skills to go with it. So we need simpler, but still cute and fun projects for our little cherubs.
Winter Crafts for Preschoolers are great for finger strength development and fine motor skills, as well as learning about processes and materials. Many of these crafts are also wonderfully tactile, making it a great winter sensory experience. (Depending on the time of year you are reading this, you may also like our Christmas Crafts for Preschoolers!).
Snowflake Crafts for Preschool
- Quick and Easy DIY Snow Recipe (+ play ideas!) – we love love love this snow recipe. It is super soft and tactile to play with.
- Snowflake Preschool Craft Coffee Filter Snowflake – a childhood classic that preschoolers will adore making. Watching colour “run” is fascinating and little kids love to snip snip snip and paper
- Button craft stick snowflakes – we save all the buttons from old shirts, they look fabulous as craft stick snowflakes. A fabulous little fine motor activity!
- Combine twigs and tissue papers to make these cute Twiggy Snowflakes by Buggy & Buddy
Snowmen for Little Ones
- Cotton wool pad snowman card – my kids brought this one home from nursery and it was simply the sweetest keepsake!
- TP Roll Snowman Bowling – we loved how “upcycled” this project is. Old socks make great hats and scarves and tp tolls are wonderful snowmen. Make and play!
- Snowman Luminaries – just gorgeous
- Make Your Own Snowman Snap Game for school fairs or the classroom
Winter Animal Crafts for Toddlers
- Snowy Owl Babies – an amazingly tactile craft – you will love the contrasting textures of the cotton wool and pine cones!
- Penguin Handprint Craft – an oldie but goldie – we made this handprint penguins as part of an animal ABC handprint set. So fun.
- Pine Cone Bird Feeders – more fun with pine cones but this time to help out our feathered friends during the winter months.
- TP Roll Polar Bear – more TP roll fun!
- Polar Bear Paper Plate Mask
- Adorable “Shape” Penguins – explore shapes and get creative with these darling Penguin Cards
General Winter Themed Ideas
- Have fun with this DIY Snow Recipe. So **cool**. It is one of the most popular winter crafts for little ones on this site. So do give it a go too.
- Ice Ornaments – love how these LOOK adorable but are also a great basic science activity for kids – you are looking at the weather and temperatures and how the affect water!
- Winter Tree Resist Art – Resist art projects are great for little ones, as there is “little skill” but lots of pleasure. I say “little skill”… but it gives them an easy opportunity to hone their fine motor skills!
- Winter Small World Play
- Cotton Ball Snowmana
I hope you are excited about the Winter months ahead of us and that you will have lots of fun with out Winter Crafts for Preschoolers – working with this age group really is DELIGHTFUL even if a little challenging! But enjoy it regardless!