Recycled materials really are fun to craft with, we thought Cork Craft Ideas would be a great next project to explore. I am quite lucky that friends and relatives collect their corks for us, so we do have quite a cork stash!! Plenty of opportunity for making!! Crafty bloggers got together again, to create this little Cork Craft video for you – sharing and discussing some of our cork craft ideas and then, I share links plus a few more ideas!!
Craft Cork Ideas Video
In order of appearance
1) First up, we have the Cork Knights, that you may have seen here on Red Ted Art earlier in the week. It was a lovely idea a friend gave me to share with you all here.
2) Next up we have our Santa Corks – we made them as a little Christmas decoration, but also a “Santa Cork Bowling” activity. Lots of fun indeed!
3) Kids Chaos creates another free printable for Father’s Day for us – her cork wheeled Monsters Trucks are fabulous.
4) Kids Chaos also reminds us that her fabulous craft stick planes had cork wheels. Fun indeed! Great for planes wheels and reminds me that they would also make fabulous little car wheels too (mmmh, there is an idea.. watch this space!).
5) Our anonymous blogger Fairy Frog gets stamping with corks. Perfect and so simple, you really want to give it a go. They created lovely cork pictures. But you could also use it to decorate wrapping paper or for DIY bunting (that I shared at the end of the video and from my craft book for kids). We even used cork prints in a Klimt project we did a while back!
7) Here Come The Girls has another stamping idea – similar to our bottle top stamps – use corks and foam to make your own prints! Great for little hands to hold and so pretty! (watch the video more to come).
In terms of extra cork craft ideas to share with you, we have:
8) A while back we also made some cork boats, they are really quite basic and we kind of adjusted them as we went along! But I think sometimes that is the fun in creating, trying out what works and what doesn’t!!
9) I love these cork animals from Manton Cork – the remind me of “classic” chestnut crafts in Autumn. Check out the rest of the site for more ideas!
10) No instructions here, but I do like the idea of this Cork Board. There are few “knocking about” on the internet and it is a great way to put corks to use! Or check out this create on using a door as a basis!!
11) …and of course there cork coasters and place mats!
12) Love these very simple cork planters, don’t they look lovely?
and more EXTRAS (lucky you)
13) Domestic Goddesque’s Cork Craft Nativity! Just sooo cute and what got us all started talking about a cork craft video!
14) Heart Print Valentine’s cards also from Domestic Goddesque!
15) AND some adorable Easter Chicks and Cork Bunnies. How wonderful. That clever Domestic Goddesque, really is a cork queen!
Fancy more ideas? Take a peak at:
Cork Boats (they float REALLY well)