Oh how we love this time of year! Christmas is one of my very favourite craft seasons ever.. mmmh I think I may say that about almost every season. But joking aside, I really do love Christmas crafting. Let’s take a look at our Christmas Ornaments for Preschool!
I have many happy memories of myself crafting at a young age. The days are short and dark. You spend time in the cozy indoors and you start getting ready and festive for Christmas. Christmas is also a great time to make gifts for friends and family. Nothing quite says is as homemade. Christmas Decorations are a great little craft that make great gifts as well as keepsakes! So sweet. So I thought it would be good to share our Christmas Ornaments for Preschool! This is part of our overall Christmas Ornament round up, but I wanted to pull out these special crafts just for preschoolers for extra easy browsing!
Christmas Ornaments for Preschoolers
Needless to say, these are also suitable for older kids working independently, but they are a great set of crafts to do with toddlers and preschool.
Let start with some CORK Ornaments
Top tip – add your metal wire hanger FIRST to allow for easy holding whilst painting or decorating
Pipe Cleaner Ornaments for Preschool
- Stunning Pipe Cleaner Snowflake Ornaments
- Super simple Bead Wreaths (great for keeping young hands busy whilst you do other things)
Crafting with Nature – Nature Ornaments for Preschool
- Stick Santa (you know how we love Sticks!!)
- Pom Pom Pine Cones Trees (fabulously tactile for small hands)
- Walnut Babies – these are a lovely together project and make adorable keepsakes
- Cutest of cute Pine Cone Snowy Owls
Fun with Salt Dough
- Cutest Cinnamon Salt Dough Gingerbread Men
- Red Saltdough Hearts (such a classic!)
- Similarly, adding a button, makes them extra cute: Button Saltdough Hearts
- I LOVE this variation on salt dough.. and adding sea glass or lots of buttons to make Christmas Trees!
- Or make them any shape – like these Salt Dough Golden Stars (Garland)
Ornaments that are great for fine motor skills
- Button Snowflakes (who can resist a button)
- Hama Bead Stars – we love Hama Beads – a great way to get that fine motor skill practice in, whilst making cute decorations. These would also look lovely as part of gift wrap or a Christmas Card!
- Colourful Yarn Wrapped Stars – always a favourite – Yarn Wrapped Ornaments are easy and cheerful and great for those fine motor skills.
Other great Christmas Decorations to make with Preschool
- Ice Ornaments (why not decorate the great outdoors too?)
- Edible Ornaments – let the kids go wild with sprinkles. They make for super coloufrul Christmas Ornaments!
Hope you enjoyed these! And that you found lots of inspiration for Christmas Decoration crafting with yoru little ones.
More seasonal fun for preschoolers..
We have a number of other “seasonal collections suitable for preschool” that you may enjoy!
Take a look at the following ideas.
First we have our Christmas Activiteis for Preschoolers
Oh yes, we love all Christmas Activities for Preschool. There will will be SOME overlap with the Christmas Decorations shared in this post – after all Christmas Ornaments ARE a Christmas craft.. right? But there are many more great ideas. We love the adorable Christmas Greeting Cards for Preschool to make, as well as the fun with Toilet Paper Rolls!!
Next up, you may enjoy some of these Pine Cone Crafts for Preschool
These pine cone crafts actually form part of a wider pine cone craft collection. But there is a great sub section just for preschool. We love those prickly and oh so tactile pine cones.. and these are some of our favourite makes!
Some lovely Remembrance Day Activities for Preschool. These of course double up nicely as pretty flower crafts for Mother’s Day.
Winter Crafts for Preschool
Finally our collection of WINTER Craft for Preschool.