Halloween is heading our way and we are looking for some fun Family Halloween Activities. This year, I think Halloween witll be a looking a little bit different due to Covid 19. Even if Trick or Treating is cancelled, we can still make Halloween lots of fun, with our special set of Social Distancing Halloween Activities, including our Free Halloween Scavenger Hunt Printables. There is a printable for older kids and preschoolers who can’t ready yet.
With the a Socially Distancing Halloween heading our way, I think it is really important NOT to Cancel Halloween during Covid 19, but to look at other ways to make it super fun for the kids. The kids are already giving up so much of their day to day normal life, that I think it would be a real shame to stop all Halloween activities too. In our local community, I am encouraging Halloween Decorating competitions, Boo Your Neighbour activities and we will also have a community led spooky letter hunt. You can read about all these activities in our special Covid 19 Halloween Activities for Families!
Having a Halloween Scavenger Hunt is super quick and easy to organise – you basically download my FREE Halloween Scavenger Hunt Printables and OFF YOU GO!!!! You can either play this inside your home, or by going outside and looking at people’s Halloween decorations. We won’t be trick or treating this year, but we WILL Be decorating for Halloween!
Halloween Cootie Catcher Scavenger Hunt
Before you grab your printable below… just to let you know we also have some GORGEOUS Halloween Cootie Catchers. Choose from 3 versions –
- Halloween scavenger hunt (can be played indoors and combined with a candy hunt, as it also has some printables “tokens”)
- Halloween Quiz (for older kids, ready to read and learn)
- Haloween “blank” (to add your own quiz questions or Halloween Jokes – e.g. our FREE Ghost Jokes or Spider Jokes)
This year, they will be free for you to download.. so be sure to bookmark this page for updated links and grab your copies as soon as they become available!
Whilst I have your Attention
All crafts supplied on this website are free for you to follow and read. Occassionally, I charge for the odd template, but the templates are not necessary for crafting! During this super uncertain time of Covid, if would like to show me additional support, there are number of ways you can really help me (and help continue with this free resource website!!):
- Follow me on YouTube (I am soooo keen to hit that 1mill subs milestone!)
- Sign up to my FREE weekly newsletter
- For Preschoolers – follow my FREE FB Group or join this newsletter
- Or if you wish, you can buy me a coffee!
Any, or all of the above are super helpful!!
For your Halloween Scavenger Hunt you will need:
- The free printable (click on the big red button below)
- OPTIONAL: treats for each item found
- OPTIONAL: a grand prize for the most items found
I love a Halloween Scavenger Hunt, as it gets kids up and active and excited about Halloween.
How to organise a Halloween Scavenger Hunt
Halloween scavenger hunts can be as complicated or as easy as you like. Many Scavenger Hunts are actually more like Halloween Treasure Hunts, will clues and riddles to solve and take a lot more time. This treasure hunt is super simple and quick to implement.. and you can take as long or as little time over it as you wish. The rules are simple:
Take your print out and see how many items on it you can find.
There is a print out for kids who can ready and preschoolers with pictures and words, that you can use to practice reading too.
The winner is the one who finds the most items in a certain amount of time.
To make your Scavenger Hunt more intersting you can:
- award a treat for each item found
- award a prize for the most items found
- keep a tally of items found (e.g. 5 pumpkins) and add them up (great for some extra maths skills)
- get kids to take photos of the items found as proof
- set time limits or set NO time limits
- keep in indoors and they have to bring the item
- keep it outdoors
- have the scavenger hunt whilst driving to see Halloween decorations
Grab you Halloween Printable here:
We love keeping our printables free for you! These are for personal or classroom use only and not for resale. Enjoy!
Can I organise a virtual Halloween Scavenger Hunt?
Absolutely! If you opt for the “indoors Scavenger Hunt”, then you could easily do this Halloween activities of a Zoom call with family or friends.
You can also set this challenge of a number of days and your virtual participants have to email in PHOTOS of them with a item to find. More phots, more points!
Perfect for a socially distanced Halloween!
Free Trick or Treating Signs
We also have some great free trick or treating signs for you to download here:
Before you set out on your Scavenger Hunt
Why not make some spooky pencil toppers, like our Pom Pom Bat Pencil Topper or
…easy Felt Monsters Pencil toppers? These would make a great Halloween Party craft too!