Adorable and easy pop up chick card for Easter! The kids will ADORE making these super quick and easy Easter Pop Up Cards. I love all the bright jolly colours that just scream spring!! They are of course great throughout the year too (say for a Birthday or just a general greeting card), but are particularly prefect for Easter Card Making! We have lots of DIY Pop Up Card Projects and designs to check out! And if you are mad about chicks and chickens, do also browse our lovely Chick Craft Collection!
Maybe add a nice round egg & heart to the design and add the pun “You are EGGzactly right for me” and then these make super cute Valentine’s Day cards too!! A fun chicken Valentine’s Pun!
But I am digressing…
You may also enjoy our printable Woven Egg & Chick Card:
Why not make these cards.. and then give these DARLING Spring Chick Planters as a gift this Easter?!
How to make a Pop Up Chick Card
Pop Up Card – Materials
- Card stock
- Contrasting paper (e.g. pastel yellow or pastel pink)
- Paper scraps (for beaks, grass etc)
- Glue stick
How to make a Pop Up Chick Card for Easter
Watch our quick and easy Easter Chick Pop Up Card video… or check out the step by step written instructions below!
How to make a Pop Up Chick Card for Easter – Step by Step Instructions
Preparing the Paper Chick’s body features
- You will need to cute some wings, beak and feet, as well a some grass. As mentioned, you could also add some (Easter) Eggs and Hearts, depending on seasons and how you want to finish it all off
- The wings are cut from the same coloured paper as the body – I cut a “heart shape” but with three humps
- The beak is just a thin triangle
- And the feet are made of two orange hearts
Make your Paper Chick Body
- Cut 9-10 white circles (you can use our template for size or use small cup/ lid)
- Fold the circles in half.
- Add glue to one half of the circle and lay a second circle on top. When you have half your circles stuck together, add the beak and then add the remaining circles.
- Continue until all half circles a stuck together.
- Add to small circles for eyes on either side of the beak.
Final Assembly of your Chick Pop Up Card DIY
- Make sure you have NOT closed the paper bauble “in on itself”.
- Position the paper bauble in the centre of the card and glue the bottom half of it down (not the top, as you still want to slide “bits” in)
- Now you can add glue to your paper chick’s wings to the top and the bottom “circle”.
- Draw some straight lines and add your paper chick’s feet.
- Finally add your grass!
Check out the rest of our fabulous Pop Up Card DIYs here:
More great CHICK Crafts for Kids