Pop Up Easter Egg & Bunny Card
Time for our adorable floppy eared bunny card! Kids willl love making this super duper easy Pop Up Easter Egg & Bunny Card! All you will need is some paper and cardstock (pretty paper is a bonus! But you can design your own Easter Eggs too!). We love making pop up cards all year around, but Easter is a lovely time to make some personalised Easter cards too!
Making a pop-up card is always fun. This work sheet shows you how to make a super simple pop-up mechanism – using the “paper bauble” technique. Paper baubles are easy and fun for children to make and can be used for this pop up card. This card focusses on creating an egg shaped 3d bauble and combines it with some cute Easter bunny outlines.
This makes for a fun seasonal activity to help fill any lesson plan gaps. It also allows students to take home some lovely Easter cards to send to family and friends. Handmade Easter cards definitely are always the best! Check out all our Easter Card Ideas here.
Learning Objectives for Seasonal Handmade Card Making
- Develop fine motor skills & accuracy
- Reading skills & following instructions
- Looking at symmetry & shapes
- Seasonal fun
Supplies needed to make your 3d Easter Egg & Bunny Card
- Card stock (A5 sheet folded in half)
- Paper in desired colors or pretty origami pattern paper
- Pens, markers, crayons for decorating the bunny face and Easter eggs (if using plain white paper for the Easter eggs)
- Glue stick
If using our printable today, the printable comes in 3 options:
- A template to print on white paper and the students to cut out their shapes from colored paper – 2 sets of templates for easy sharing among students
- A set of shapes that students can decorate themselves – no additional paper needed. This has one set per sheet
- A bonus set of full color eggs and bunny shapes
The printable worksheets are also in my teacher’s pay teacher’s store or get the BUNDLE OF THREE (including patterned egg printable). Purchasing this not only gives you the “ease” of crafting, but also allows you to support the upkeep of this website! It is TOTALLY possible to make this craft without these printables, you will simply have to create your own very basic shapes to make it! As you will see in the instructions that follow…
I often have a ONE WEEK freebie “special” on…. in order to not miss out on these, please do sign up to my newsletter! As the freebies are EXCLUSIVE to regular Red Ted Art readers!
In the meantime, you can grab the Pop Up Card Templatese here:
How to make a Pop Up Easter Egg & Bunny Card
Cut your basic Easter Egg & Bunny Shapes
Draw your own or use the templates provide to create your basic shapes for this card. We printed on white paper and use the egg shape to then cut out 4 colored patterned paper eggs!
You will need:
- 4 eggs
- 1 round head
- 2 ears
- 2 round paws
- 2 oblong feet
Make the 3d Egg Shape
Fold your four egg shapes carefully in half. Make sure you find the centre, so they are neatly folded.
Add glue to one side of one of the fold egg shapes.
Place the second egg shape on top of the first egg where the glue is.
Add glue to this second egg and stack the third shape and repeat with the third and fourth egg.
You should now have a stack of eggs that are folded in half.
When you open the stack you have you 3d egg fan shape.
Combine the Easter Egg shape with the Paper Easter Bunny
Arrange all the paper bunny shapes behind the egg. And glue in place.
- The ears behind the head. The head behind the egg.
- The feet behind the egg (the paws will come late)
Adding the Easter Egg and Bunny to the pop up card
Fold the bunny and egg in half and add glue to one side.
Align the centre fold of the bunny with the fold of your card and glue in place.
Add glue to the exposed side.
Close the card and it will hold glue the side perfectly in place.
Open up the card and fold down the bunny ear to make your “floppy ear” (and for it to fit inside the card too!). Repeat for the other ear!
Glue your paws in place. They go “on top” of the egg, so that it looks like the bunny is holding the egg.
Add finishing touches to your pop up Easter Egg and Bunny!
Draw your bunny’s face – eyes, nose, whiskers if you wish.
Add details to the paws and feed.
Finished! Now wasn’t that an Easy Pop Up Easter Card? I just love the 3d Easter Egg shape combined with the super duper cute and easy to make Paper Easter Bunny! And oh my, those floppy ears! Too cute.
Now it is time to write your Happy Easter greetings and pop up card into an envelope to send to a loved one! Handwritten and personalized messages are always the best!
- You can spend a little more time decorating the inside of the card first – e.g. you could cut some paper Easter grass and glue to the bottom of the card, before securing the egg and Easter bunny in place.
- These cute 3d little bunny and eggs could also be made as an Easter decoration. Make two and stick them together back to back. Wouldn’t that be adorable?
- Or make a “large” bunny from construction paper as an art project, instead of putting it in the inside of a card.
More choices based on the same principle – chick card and egg card!
Based on the super cute and simple Pop Up Easter Eggs – we have 3 design versions! Including a printable set of full colour eggs to help you get crafty this Easter!
You may also like these pop up bunny Easter cards:
Iconic Peeps Bunnies Pop Up Easter Cards
Check out the rest of our handmade Easter Cards today, this collection includes our super popular pop up chick Easter cards but also some lovely and nice and easy cotton wool bunny cards for younger kids! And don’t forget those CUTE chick paper weaving egg cards..
Or whilst I have your attention… how about more LOVELY Paper Easter Crafts? Paper is so so sooo fun: