Oh yes, it is time for some fabulous Snowman Crafts! Combining two fun themes for Christmas Crafting and Winter Crafing – snowmen and Toilet Roll Crafts! Let make some quick and easy Snowman Toilet Roll Gift Boxes. These double up nicely as Advent Calendar boxes… and are super quick to make and fill! They can be made from Toilet Rolls or any Cardboard Tube!
You can also use these little Snowman Gift Boxes to fill with treats and gift to the classroom or relative – a fun little gift kids can make during the hoilday season.
What can I use my Snowman Toilet Paper Roll Christmas Craft for?
As mentioned in the introduction, these little TP Roll Reindeers can be used in lots of different ways:
- Make 24 of them – number the backs – and use them as a DIY advent calendar (put them all in a bowl and the kids get to rummage) more info on Advent Calendars and where they originate from on Wikipedia!
- Fill them with some Christmas sweets and gift them at school classmates
- Use them as simple DIY Gift Boxes at Christmas (it really can fit anything – from sweets, to small stationery, to bracelets and more)
To make Toilet Roll Snowman Gift Boxes, you will need:
- One toilet roll per snowman
- white paint, though can also wrap them in plain white paper if you wish to avoid using paint
- paint brushes
- black pen/ other colours desired to draw faces, carrot noses and buttons
- Optional: ribbons or paper scarves
As with all my crafts, I encourage you to work with what you have already and not go out and shop for supplies.
I also encourage you to keep things as eco friendly as possible. But eco friendly paints (most acrylics contain plastics, I know! Yikes.. I have been using these for years… argh)… as well as avoid googly eyes (I used to love them! But I now realise that they are an unnecessary plastic item.
By using eco friendly materials, it is also easy to recycle these snowman gift boxes when you are done with – i.e. they can easily be composted!
How to make Toilet Roll Snowman Gift Boxes
Toilet Roll Favour Boxes are SUPER easy to make. The basic shape is really straight forward and then you get to have fun decorating.
With the Toilet Roll Snowman, you do however need to paint your cardboard tube white first.
Paint white and let dry*
Alternatively you can use some white printer paper and wrap your tube in it first! Whatever you prefer.
Once your Toilet Roll has been prepped and is white, you need to shape the roll!
Begin my shaping your Toilet Paper Roll Gift Boxes.
Shaping a paper tube, is super easy. Gently squeeze the middle of one end in.
Repeat on the other side. Make a neat crease. One end is already closed.
Take the other end of the TP Roll and repeat.
Your basic Toilet Roll Favour Box is finished.
Decorate your basic gift box as a snowman
Take a black pen and get drawing!
Have lots of fun exploring funny snowman faces. Take a look at these if you need some inspiration!
I love adding little rosy cheeks!
Your gift boxes can easily be opened and closed to add your treats and small gifts!
More fun Toilet Roll Crafts for Christmas:
Love some more Snowman Crafts? Take a look at these: