Now… I can’t go on enough about how much I love crafting with TP Rolls. There are TP Roll Crafts this and TP Roll Crafts that… and of course there are TP Roll BATS! Clearly, these have done before, they are like TP Roll Owls and TP Roll People… but, what I love about OUR TP Roll bats, is the POTENTIAL. Oooh the fun you can have. Make one, make lots. String them up as “Bat Bunting” this Halloween. Or close them up as Bat Goodie bags… or… my ABSOLUTEL FAVOURITE is…. turn your TP Roll Bat into mini Pinatas and then you can REALLY have a Trick or Treat session. Pull the string – will you receive a TREAT with colourful lollies… or a TRICK with slimey worms (aka worm sweets of course).
Using a TP Roll as a Mini Pinata was inspired by Love & Cupcakes Blog mini Pinatas. Genius lady. Take a peak at hers they even go off with a POP!
Materials per bat: one TP Roll, some black card, googly eyes, pva glue (white glue), a silver or gold pen for the mouth, tissue paper (to “stuff the bottom”), sweets
1) Fold the top of your TP Roll down to make a bat shape – it is the same shape as for a TP Roll Owl or cat (check out the Craft Video here – about 1min 30sec into it, I show how to fold the loo roll if you are in any doubt!).
2) Paint black. I have a preference for acrylics, as they are have a better finish and my kids are used to using them now.
3) Whilst they are drying, use a small bowl as a template. Cut a circle from your black card. Cut the circle in half. Then cute some “waves” and your wings are ready for gluing on.
4) Glue the wings and the googly eyes on. Then add the mouth with the silver pen. If you don’t have a pen that works on black, you could either leave it blank, paint it on with white paint or stick on a simple mouth cut from paper!
Now the fun bit. Are you going to:
* Use them as trick or treat goodie bags at a party – then fill with sweets, stuff a little tissue paper to keep it all in place.
* Use them as bunting – then make lots and string them up (you can staple the wings to some string)
* Make (my favourite) Halloween Pinatas? Basically – these are the same as the goodie bags, but you add some string at the bottom to tug on the bats and see whether you get a Trick or a Treat! You can fill them with different treats or trick them with an “empty” bat…. or to avoid disappointment, fill them with things like “joke sweets” (eye ball chocolates, gummi worms) or maybe some spider sequins? (the lovely Zing Zing Tree has some in her ebay shop!)