Well, the Craft Stick Crafts says it all – call them Lollipop Sticks or Coffee Stirrers or Tongue depressors or Pop Sticks.. or simply CRAFT STICKS… what ever “they” are, “they” are great fun to craft with. We decided that the childhood classic Craft Sticks would make a great “Hangout Challenge” – i.e. a great subject for our craft videos – sharing several craft ideas under one theme. So we did. And our crafty bloggers will demonstrate, quite how versatile craft sticks are. And I think we only scratched the surface! Below the video, we will be sharing additional fun crafts for you to check out!
The Craft Stick Video
In chronological order:
1) Using Craft Sticks or coffee stirrers to make Cookie Pops. Cookie Pops simply TATEST better. It is a fact. I have asked my kids and they have confirmed it. So Cookie Pops it is. These traffic light cookie pops feature in Red Ted Art the book. I highly recommend the cookies and of course the book!
2) Next we share our super simple, keep the kids busy whilst you cook, craft stick book mark characters. They make great Father’s Day Gifts or Teacher Appreciation Gifts too!
4) We also used craft sticks to make our Spiderwebs in Class – a bit more sturdy and there for ideal for lots of 4-5yrs olds.
5) Simple fairy wands from Here Come The Girls... either just play fairies – or add things like phonics or alphabet letters to assist learning! (Watch the video)
6) Me and My Shadow made some adorable little boats – remember to add some string so you don’t loose them.
7) Domestic Goddesque made some simple plant markers – use pictures form a magazine or the seed packets themselves (no links available, watch the video!).
8) Domestic Goddesque also shares her Teacher Appreciation Gift Rosettes – that she will be adding to a pot plant as a thank you. Love the use of cupcake cases to make them.
9) Another “Classic Craft Stick” crafts from Zing Zing Tree are of course the Popscicle Picture Frames. Simple and super cute. Another great idea for Father’s Day. Zing Zing Tree also makes a fun “Picture Stand“, by bending the lolli sticks and also talks about her Craft Stick Puppets. (blogposts to follow)
10) Plus 2.4. has some super simple and cute Craft Stick Snowflakes. Definitely another lovely craft for Christmas (in fact, that reminds me that we did some with BUTTONS last year too. You really can’t beat buttons!).
11) Finally we have some planes from Kids Chaos. They look super fun – love the lego wheels versus cork wheels!
12) Craftulate had technical difficulties again, so couldn’t join us, but she has some great Craft Stick Magnets which are DEFINITELY worth a look.
In addition we have for you:
13) Frugal Fun For Boys has this GREAT Craft Stick Chain Reaction – think Dominoes, but BETTER. PLEASE take a look. Great fun.
15) Adorable Craft Stick Snowmen
16) Craft Stick Bracelets – very cool, but I have heard tricky to make! It is all about getting the RIGHT craft stick size..
17) Love these Craft Stick Puzzles – use a photo or draw a picture!
18) Super cute Craft Stick and Washi Tape Dolls (so want to make some).
19) A cute Craft Stick Christmas Tree.
21) Gorgeous Tissue Paper Stars – these are so lovely!
22) You simply HAVE to check out this Craft Stick Notebook – it is BRILLIANT.
23) We Also love using craft sticks to make small weaving crafts like these.
24) Finally (I just keep having to add), we have these adorable craft stick dominoes – so easy to make and look fabulous!
25) Lollipop Stick Dollies (by my 5yrs old)