Time to get crafty with little ones! As you know, we ADORE Preschool Crafts – they are simply gorgeous in their innocence and simplicity. Preschoolers also love to get stuck in and have a go at everything. And what they make, results in the most lovely keepsakes! So. How about some lovely Handmade Christmas Ornaments for Preschoolers? We have lots more Christmas Crafts for Preschoolers here!
Make lots, keep a set for yourself to bring out every year and give a set to grandparents too! Be sure to add dates and names to bottom of your handmade ornaments (where possible) to remind you of which child made what and when!
Christmas Ornaments for Preschoolers (also suitable for older kids)
Handmade Paper Ornaments for Toddlers
- Use kids’ art to make these paper baubles. Yes even small hands can make these. So cute!
- Fun with paper strips.. an easy to make paper strips Christmas Trees. Toddlers can practics “bigger to smaller” whilst making these. More info with Project Kid.
- Adorable handprint manger from the Resurrection Catholic Preschool.
Recycled & Cork Ornaments for Preschoolers and Toddlers
We love crafting with corks, they are the perfect size for adorable Christmas Tree Ornaments and we have a great collection of Cork Ornaments for you to browse. Here are some that we made when the kids were little! I with preschooler crafts, I always find, it totally depends on how much parental involve you have. We made all of these when mine where little…
- Reindeer Corks – Ornament – it literally takes 3 minutes to make
- Cork Mushrooms – these where super sweet to make and the kids concentrated so hard to get the colours in the right place. just precious
- Button Snowflakes – who can resist a button – we love that these are made from ice lolly sticks from summer and recycled buttons from dad’s shirts!
Pipecleaner and Bead Handmade Ornaments
- Stunning Pipe Cleaner Snowflake Ornaments – do some prep work for the kids and let them bead away.
- Super simple Bead Wreaths – great for keeping young hands busy whilst you do other things. If you are working on these together, you could even add a little sequencing to your wreaths.
- Pipecleaner Christmas Tree Ornaments – this is definitely a together project, as you the little ones will need a little help with wrapping the pipecleaners. It is no less adorable though! And why not get some counting in, whilst you are at it?!
Nature Ornaments for Preschoolers
- Stick Santa (you know how we love Sticks!!)
- Pom Pom Pine Cones Trees (fabulously tactile for small hands)
- Ice Ornaments (why not decorate the great outdoors too?)
Fun with Saltdough Ornament for Preschoolers
You KNOW that we adore Saltdough, right? We have a great Saltdough recipe for you that we have been using for years. And for me salt dough ornaments are the classic childhood craft. Perfect for all those Christmas Cookie cutters!
- Red Saltdough Hearts (such a classic!)
- Similarly, adding a button, makes them extra cute: Button Saltdough Hearts
- I LOVE this variation on salt dough.. and adding sea glass or lots of buttons to make Christmas Trees!
You may also want to try our fragnant cinnamon salt dough recipe. Just gorgeous and perfect for making cinnamon salt dough gingerbread men ornaments (more on those soon!).
Star Shaped Ornaments for Toddlers
Star Crafts are a lovely theme for Christmas and also New Year! Here are some cute Homemade Ornaments Toddlers can make around the Star Shaped theme.
- Ok, these Salt Dough Golden Stars / Garland, could have gone in the “section above”, but I needed another star ornament.. teehee. So it is here.
- Colourful Yarn Wrapped Stars – we love yarn crafts and yarn wrapping activity. And Christmas is no different. Have a go at these colourful Yarn Wrapped Stars!
- Hama Bead Stars – whilst the children are very small, you can make these Hama Bead Stars in a mixed pattern like here… as they get older, you can enourage them to create stars within stars. Great for concentration and fine motor skills.
Other Cute Ornaments for Preschoolers
- Edible Ornaments – there are so many amazing edible Christmas Ornaments you can make. A really special way to decorate the tree! But this cookie recipe is my favourite – as it is super simple and uses no eggs!
- Walnut Babies – last but by no means least.. our Walnut Babies. These take me back to my own childhood and crafting with Walnuts and making similar homemade ornaments like thesea as a preschooler. Just so lovely and precious. The little baby blankets are made from my kids outgrown babygrows too! A wonderful keepsake!
And from Bloggers We Love
- Sesame Street Ornaments – a “stuffing” and “sticking” project little ones will love – by Hey Let’s Make Stuff
- Adorable wooden slice rudolph – strengthen those finger muscles with the clothes pegs and practice accuracy gluing on the nose and eyes from Natural Beach Living
- And another Saltdough Project – make these Finger Print Christmas Tree keepsakes with Messy Little Monster.
Fancy more easy Christmas Crafts for Preschoolers? Try these: