Oh yes, it is time to get excited about SPRING!!! We love Spring Crafts and we love Spring Crafts for Preschoolers. A wonderful age to craft with – full of enthusiasm and curiosity… and a great opportunity to help develop fine motor skills, as well as include simple maths and literacy exercises. Today, we (finally) bring together some wonderful Spring Crafts for toddlers and younger kids. Forgive me if some (!!) of these Spring crafts overlap with Easter or are for a SLIGHTLY older age group. There are so many overlaps with the seasons and ages, that I would rather share it.. and you make your mind, than not!! So. Enjoy!
Classic Spring Activities for Toddlers & Preschool
- Coffee Filter Butterflies – a wonderful way to explore color theory too!
- Kids Art or Rainbow Cork Butterflies. Quick and easy makes. A great decoration.
- The magic of RAINBOW COOKIES – explore color theory as you make them. Easy to make and so fun! How to taste the rainbow!
- Easy peasy Tissue Paper Chicks (great for Easter too)
- Blossom Fairy Lights
- Pretty “Spring Tree” decoration – this turned out oh so pretty and really made the place look fresh and ready for Spring!
- Bubble Wrap Puffy Spring Rain Cloud Mobile
- Similarly Bubble Wrap Puffy Sheep Mobile
- Family collaborative Butterfly Mobile (and butterfly hatching activity)
- Adorable Chick Napkin Rings
- Wonderful Speckled Frogs on a log (made from egg cartons!)
- Fun with cotten wool and handprints – turn them into adorable Handprint Lambs!
Spring Paper Plate Crafts for Toddlers & Preschoolers
- Adorable Paper Plate Rocking Sheep
- Paper plate bunny rabbit – another rocking bunny DIY – similar to the sheep, but just as cute!
- Paper Plate Nests – so sweet and easy and the kids will love them!
- Adorably simple Paper Plate Rainbow Craft
- Most adorable Paper Plate Chick Sewing Craft – how darling are these?!
Spring Art Projects
We had SUCH a lovely time exploring the four seasons when my kids were 2 and 3yrs olds! We loved checking out what was happening in our local environment every 3 months or so can created a series of Spring Collages for toddlers and the preschool age group. I hope you liked them as much as we do!
- Exploring the four seasons through Spring NATURE COLLAGES – this collage allowed us to get closer to nature.
- Exploring the four seasons through Blossom Bubble Wrap Printing – this collage allowed us to explore bubble wrap and finger printing.
- Exploring the four seasons through Spring Colours on Contact Paper – this collage allowed us to explore colours!
Spring Nature Crafts (closely related to the Spring Garden Crafts in the next section!)
- 5 Little Ducks – Stone Duck Craft – counting & play craft
- Ladybird Stones – fun to make, but turn them into counting lady birds, by varying the number of dots
Spring Activities related to the garden
- Super easy Bug Hotel
- We LOVE creating Sprout Heads or Cress Heads. Such a super duper EASY and oh so lovely activity. My kids are older now, but still love doing this! (Check out this extension idea and turn your Sprout Heads into a sunshine experiment!)
- Have you tried making Seed Bombs? Super fun and great Spring gifts too!
Spring Paper Crafts & Spring Card Designs
- Introduce your child to origami – with these VERY SIMPLE Origami Bunnies. A great first project.
- Similarly try these Paper Tulips – they look great as “stand alone” or as part of a collage or Mother’s Day Card.
- If feeling a bit more skilled and confident, your preschooler, may want to try these jumping origami frogs next!
- Easy Flower Card – these are easy to make and make great Mother’s Day Cards as well!
- Super Simple Pop Up Chick cards.
Hope you enjoyed these easy Spring Crafts for Preschoolers and Toddlers and that you find lots of inspiration for you and your wee ones!
Don’t forget that we have some AWESOME animal themed crafts including: