There is something very exciting about PAPER. Paper is so simple. It is affordable and it is simply AMAZING what you can make out of paper. With the Christmas season upon us and our love for Christmas Crafts for Kids, I thought a round up of our favourite Christmas Paper Crafts would be useful! I love Christmas Paper DIY Ideas, because all you need is said pad of paper and basic “home stationery” like scissors, glue stick and some pens. And then you can let the crafty magic happen. Turn humble paper into bookmarks, gift boxes, greeting cards, ornaments and so much more. For those of you who have a printer to hand, I have also added links to our Free Christmas Printables – of course, you will need paper AND a printer for that. So. Tie for some Christmas Paper Ideas.
Christmas Paper Crafts Materials we frequently use:
- White printer paper (yep! Just plain old printer paper – US/ UK)
- A pad of coloured paper (I buy pretty paper in a local store, but this looks good US/ UK)
- Coloring Pens (we always stock up on these US/ UK)
- Scissors (these are super good and work for left and right handed US/ UK)
- Glue Stick (good quality! US/ UK)
(affiliates added for convenience)
Christmas Bookmark Corners
As you may well know we have a LOVE affair with DIY Bookmark Designs.. and seem to have one for all occassions (in fact, we keep adding more Bookmark Designs weekly!! Really, you must *bookmark* (haha) the Bookmark page!!). Anyway, I digress….. here are the bookmark designs that are perfect for Christmas (and winter beyond!).
- Reindeer Bookmark
- Santa Bookmark
- Christmas Tree Bookmark
- Snowman Bookmark (check out the Blindfolded Challenge too)
- Christmas Pikachu Bookmark
- Angel Emoji Bookmark
- Penguin Bookmark
- Polar Bear Bookmark
Take a peak at one of our Bookmark designs here and see how easy they are to make! 🙂
Christmas Origami Projects
As well as bookmarks, we have also fallen in love with Easy Origami for Kids – now that my kids are getting older (7yrs and almost 9yrs), we can start exploring some of these patterns and designs. The majority really are EASY, whilst the others are not as hard as they look and just need a little patience!
- Origami Christmas Tree
- Origami Penguin (works really well as a Christmas Card too)
- Origami Envelopes (decorate as Penguins and Polar Bears)
- Origami Star Wreath
- Origami Star Bowl
- Origami Paper Box
- Origami Lucky Stars
Here is an example of one of our easy Origami patterns. ADORE these envelopes. They would make great Thank You notes posts Christmas!
Other Christmas Paper Crafts
- Giant Paper Bag Star/ Snowflake
- 3D Paper Snowflake
- Kirigami Stars (these are simple and super popular)
- Paper Fan Angel Ornaments
- Paper Baubles
- Paper Snowman Ornaments
- We adore these Christmas Flextangles – 3D Paper Toys that are just so quirky and fun!
- DIY Paper Gift Bag
- Kirigami Paper Bows (beautiful gift decoration or could be added to a homemade wreath)
Take a peak at these fabulous 3D Paper Stars and one of our lovely YouTube videos!
Christmas Quilling Projects
- Quilled Wreath Earrings or Greeting Cards
- Quilled Rudolph Gift Tags or Greeting Cards
- Beautiful Quilled Snowflake Ornaments
- Quilled Christmas Trees Centre Pieces
This and the next couple of sections are highlighting other round ups of topical Christmas Paper DIYs, that you may also be interested in seeing.. but that could possibly clutter this page a little. So we have a great list of Free Christmas Printables, you will find all sorts of wonderful printables from Christmas Cootie Catchers, to gorgeous 3D Angels (great tree toppers) and some super fun DIY Photo Props! Pop over and take a peak!
Christmas Paper Crafts – Cards Kids Can Make
We have a whole set of Christmas Cards that Kids Can Make.. and I think it is probably “neatest” to keep those separate. Do hop over and take a look. There are some really cute ideas there!
DIY Christmas Gift Wrap Ideas
As with the Christmas Greeting cards for kids, I could list all the Christmas Gift Wrap Ideas separately here, but I feel that the existing list of DIY Gift Wrap Ideas is sufficient for you, if you are looking for those kind of ideas!!! Do please let me know, if you think, I should list them here!!
Looking for more Christmas Crafts for Kids? Take a peak at our very popular kids craft ideas here:
Hope you feel inspired by all our Christmas Crafts, but especially by our Christmas Paper Crafts!!!!