Crafting with Felt
Our series of “Hangouts” – recorded videos, where several crafters get come together to share their craft ideas – continue. This week, we are looking at Crafting with Felt. Felt is a super versatile material and comes in so many bright colours it really should form part of any crafty stash. Buy it in “scraps” (I got mine from Zing Zing Tree on ebay)- it tends to be cheaper and usually is just right for crafting with kids. Reserve buying “sheets of felt” for specific projects where you know you will need bigger pieces.
First the Craft with Felt video
In Chronological Order:
1) Felt Strawberries – we do love a good felt strawberries. I made ours probably 3 years ago now and we still have them and STILL play with them!
2) Felt donuts – ditto the strawberries, great to have in any toy kitchen or teddy bear’s picnic. Much loved toy in our house. Both the donut and the strawberry also feature in my new book Red Ted Art, Cute and Easy Crafts for Kids. Available in the UK and Internationally.
3) Cookie Cutter Christmas Ornaments – super easy to make and look really lovely. We made star and heart shaped ones.
4) Wings for pine cone Fairies
5) Ears for Stone Bunnies and felt for decorating the bunnies matchbox house!
6) Kids Chaos made a fabulous Yoda finger puppet and the “other” creature from Star Wars that I can’t remember… showing again, that it IS possible to craft with boys aged 8yrs and 10yrs.
7) Zing Zing Tree got all flowery and had a number of adorable felt flowers to share with us – we particularly like the snazzy flower rings and the hangout posse have now all put an order in for one! Here are some of the pinwheel flowers and gift decorations. More links to follow!
8) Me and My Shadow made some adorable little felt mice – using circles as a basis, these are easy to make and a GREAT project for starting kids on sewing with real needles.
in addition, I have for you:
9) Santa hats on our little Santa Corks.
10) We added detail to our TP Roll Animal Zoo in felt.
11) Adorned our Walnut Mice with felt ears.
12) Our own felt flowers (using glue!)
13) Felt bunny egg cozies.
14) Personalised our Christmas stockings.
15) ….and a simple “no sew” super duper quick Alice Band.
16) Craftulate was supposed to join us on the hangout, but we had technical problems, she made a GREAT Steam Train table ten. Super fun for the kids.
17) Rainy Day Mum has a simple Felt Pen Roll, that would make a great gift!
18) Finally, check out the Imagination Tree’s adorable peg fairies. It will make you want to craft straight away!