If you are looking for Easy Kids Crafts to do with things that you have around the home, this page is your best starting point. It is packed and I mean PACKED with easy kids crafts ideas to keep you busy for a long time! This should really be called a “Craft 101” opposed 101 Crafts, as you will in fact find MORE than 101 kids crafts ideas here! And hopefully it will be your “craft idea” rescue whenever you are stuck for crafty inspiration and you will always find things to make!
This list is regularly updated, so do pop back for more!
This is a list in chronological order of more or less ALL kids crafts ideas you will find on Red Ted Art. There is A LOT for you to choose from!
The crafts you will find here are for all age groups – older kids can complete them by themselves, younger kids can help you make them – giving you wonderful quality time together.
Also, I frequently combine my craft projects with a book.
You will find that most of these crafts are cheap to make – I believe that crafting with children shouldn’t cost the earth. So with a bit of recycling, nature walks and basic materials, you should be all set!
Our basic craft materials for these easy kids crafts include:
- Paint & brushes
- PVA glue & tape
- Googly eyes
- Plain paper
The rest I have “hoarded” over time – e.g. saved colourful tissue paper from presents, using old children’s clothing for fabric etc etc
Easy Kids Crafts – in reverse chronological order:
If you are looking for something specific, there is a CATEGORY drop down menu on the right hand side, you can search by type (e.g. sticking) or theme (e.g. Easter or Card Making).
Easy Kids Crafts from 2016
- Origami Whale (great for Finding Dory fans too)
- Finding Dory Bookmark Origami
- DIY Journal / Smash Book – Summer Journaling
- emoji Salt Dough Beads
- Panda Bookmarks
- COMING SOON – (watch on YouTube for now) Emoji Puppy Bookmarks
- Minion Gift Boxes (great for Father’s Day)
- adorable Turtle Corner Bookmarks (and see ALL our Corner Bookmarks Designs in one place here!!)
- 23 great Photography Ideas for Kids
- Angry Bird Bookmarks
- Minecraft Desk Tidy (free Printable)
- Coming soon: Felt Softies Free Patterns BEAR (13th April)
- Robert Indiana Pop Art Project for Kids
- Healthy Valentine’s Day Snack for Kids
- Fingerprint Keepsake for Toddlers – Mini Canvas or Thank you Cards
Easy Kids Crafts from 2015
Easy Kids Crafts from 2014
Easy Kids Crafts from 2013
- Fairy Tale Crafts: Snow White (And Knight’s Craft)
- Pirate Boat & Treasure Box
- The Kings: Camel Loo Roll
- Dragon Puppets and Printables
- Salt dough Hearts (Valentine’s, Christmas or Mother’s Day)
- Bottle Top Stamps (super easy!)
- Paper Chain Snake (Chinese Year of the Snake)
- Light Paper Lanterns
- Snake (Chinese Year of the Snake)
Easy Kids Crafts from 2012
- Wrapping Paper – Cookie Cutter Printing
- Gifts by Kids – Photoframes
- Simple Lanterns (Winter Solstice or St Mantin’s Day)
Easy Kids Crafts from 2011
- Mini Present Ornaments (or Christmas at the Doll’s House part 2)
- Snowman Cards
- Tree Ornaments & Mini Paper Chains (or Christmas at the Doll’s House)
- Magazine Christmas Cards (Trees, Santas & Snowmen)
- Walnut Babies
- 24 Advent Calendar Activity Ideas – a Bloggy Collaboration!
- Woodland People (made from leaves and bark)
- Photo Journal (photography)
- Potato Print Cityscape postcard
- Heart Cards & our February Picture
- Walnut Mouse Racing
- Winter Scene (bubble wrap snow, and thumbprint robins) – for our calendar
- TP Roll Boys, Penguins and LOTS of play
- Valentines Cards for little hands
- Winter Trees – great for 1yrs olds too!
Easy Kids Crafts from 2010
- Snowflake Prints from Poppy Seed Husks & Glitter Flakes
- Handprint Lions & Drawing (Exploring Mona Lisa)
- Kid’s Art Puzzles (a la Eric Carle)
- Deodorant Penguins
- Painting with children (Keepsake painting)
- Monster Cards (for toddlers, investigating shapes)
- Chick Pop Up Card
- Alphabet Cookies – Learning through play (exploring the Alphabet)
- Mix & match book for older children