This should really be called a “Craft 101″ opposed 101 Crafts, as you will in fact find MORE than 101 kids crafts ideas here! And hopefully it will be your “craft idea” rescue whenever you are stuck for crafty inspiration and you will always find things to make!
This list is regularly updated, so do pop back for more!
This is a list in chronological order of more or less ALL kids crafts ideas you will find on Red Ted Art. There is A LOT for you to choose from!
The crafts you will find here are for all age groups – older kids can complete them by themselves, younger kids can help you make them – giving you wonderful quality time together.
Also, I frequently combine my craft projects with a book.
You will find that most of these crafts are cheap to make – I believe that crafting with children shouldn’t cost the earth. So with a bit of recycling, nature walks and basic materials, you should be all set!
Our basic materials include:
* Paint & brushes
* PVA glue & tape
* Googly eyes (VERY important!)
* Plain paper
(please note – these are amazon affiliate links)
The rest I have “hoarded” over time – e.g. saved colourful tissue paper from presents, using old children’s clothings for fabric etc etc.
If you want to Jazz up a craft kit.. here are some ideas (please note – these are amazon affiliate links):
If you are looking for something specific, there is a CATEGORY drop down menu on the right hand side, you can search by type (e.g. sticking) or theme (e.g. Easter or Card Making).
Things To Make with Kids – in reverse chronological order:
- Fairy Tale Crafts: Snow White (And Knight’s Craft)
- Pirate Boat & Treasure Box
- The Kings: Camel Loo Roll
- Dragon Puppets and Printables
- Salt dough Hearts (Valentine’s, Christmas or Mother’s Day)
- Bottle Top Stamps (super easy!)
- Paper Chain Snake (Chinese Year of the Snake)
- Light Paper Lanterns
- Snake (Chinese Year of the Snake)
- Wrapping Paper – Cookie Cutter Printing
- Gifts by Kids - Photoframes
- Simple Lanterns (Winter Solstice or St Mantin’s Day)
- Mini Present Ornaments (or Christmas at the Doll’s House part 2)
- Snowman Cards
- Tree Ornaments & Mini Paper Chains (or Christmas at the Doll’s House)
- Magazine Christmas Cards (Trees, Santas & Snowmen)
- Walnut Babies
- 24 Advent Calendar Activity Ideas – a Bloggy Collaboration!
- Woodland People (made from leaves and bark)
- Photo Journal (photography)
- Potato Print Cityscape postcard
- Heart Cards & our February Picture
- Walnut Mouse Racing
- Winter Scene (bubble wrap snow, and thumbprint robins) – for our calendar
- TP Roll Boys, Penguins and LOTS of play
- Valentines Cards for little hands
- Winter Trees – great for 1yrs olds too!
- Snowflake Prints from Poppy Seed Husks & Glitter Flakes
- Handprint Lions & Drawing (Exploring Mona Lisa)
- Kid’s Art Puzzles (a la Eric Carle)
- Deodorant Penguins
- Painting with children (Keepsake painting)
- Monster Cards (for toddlers, investigating shapes)
- Chick Pop Up Card
- Alphabet Cookies – Learning through play (exploring the Alphabet)
- Mix & match book for older children